FireFox Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I am primarily a Linux user, installed FireFox 3 Beta 1 on a Windows XP partition and ran it just to see what features it has.

It did not work with virtually all of my plug-ins and even after it is released in a non Beta version it will take sometime before all the add-ons are upgraded.

I will stick with the 2.X version at this juncture.

It is my understanding that version 2.0.10? for Linux, MacOS, Windows, etc., will be released in a few days dealing with some security issues.

I use Opera too some as a web browser in both Linux and Windows and version 9.25 + a 64 bit version should soon be released. It has a version for MacOS, OS2, etc., too.

Thanks - I hope Mozilla doesn't try the "auto-update" stunt with ver. 3. As in, when booting the browser and it says "we have installed version 3" please restart....then you find out only a couple of the extensions work!!!!
mad.gif

When is magic release date?

I think think we will see the 2.X upgrade regarding security issues this week sometime?

Don't know when we will see the 3.X version will be out??

I am using Opera more now.

Quote:

I hope Mozilla doesn't try the "auto-update" stunt with ver. 3.

Well if you used Ubuntu, this wouldn't be possible since "regular users" can't "just install system software" without knowing the system password.

Originally Posted By: SrDriver
I think think we will see the 2.X upgrade regarding security issues this week sometime?

Don't know when we will see the 3.X version will be out??

I am using Opera more now.

I just installed Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back