Firefox 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just downloaded it. WOW, is it faster! I'm impressed. That is essentially the biggest change. They've made the awesome bar better and added some security enhancements to match Explorer 8, such as safe browsing mode. All my add ons work as well.

I just got the portable version and so far (1 minute into using it), it's not much different than 3.0 in performance.

Originally Posted By: dorkiedoode
faster than chrome?

Nope.
I like the speed of Chrome, but there are no addons yet, so that is why I still use Firefox 3.5.1. They don't have the Google Toolbar for Chrome yet either. You would think that Google would support their own toolbar.

Why would you need a google toolbar for Chrome? It already has all the functionality in a much more efficient space. I don't want a bunch more waisted space on my browser anymore, it's 2009.

Originally Posted By: T-Keith
Why would you need a google toolbar for Chrome? It already has all the functionality in a much more efficient space. I don't want a bunch more waisted space on my browser anymore, it's 2009.

+1 the only thing it was ever good for was a search bar, highlighter and pop up-blocker, all of which are in FF.

The following web site shows how to create more screen space using Firefox both in Linux, Mac O/S and Windows.

Link to more screen space in Firefox.

This has become second nature now when setting up Firefox.

Between speed improvements made in version 3.5 and adding the Adblock Plug-in, Firefox will blow the doors off of any other web browser!

Spending some time @ the Adblock web site will pay off too.

I use the bookmark utility in Google Toolbar. It downloads your bookmarks to any computer that you are logged into. That way I have my internet bookmarks on my laptop, desktop, and work PC. Anyone know of a better way to do this? I am open to any suggestions.

Originally Posted By: tmorris1
I use the bookmark utility in Google Toolbar. It downloads your bookmarks to any computer that you are logged into. That way I have my internet bookmarks on my laptop, desktop, and work PC. Anyone know of a better way to do this? I am open to any suggestions.

I used the same thing until Google first folded their bookmarking service into their Notebook feature, then announced that they'd no longer be supporting it. The King Daddy of social bookmarking - delicious.com - has a Firefox add-on that works really well, and Mozilla has an (experimental) service called Weave that syncs the majority of your profile. There's also a Firefox add-on called FoxMarks.

Originally Posted By: Not the Autorx Frank
I prefer Xmarks because it is cross platform and cross browser....

Xmarks used to be FoxMarks from what I can tell. However, no version for Chrome.

Last edited:
I've been using Xmarks today - this is exactly what I've been needing! I usually don't like installing "add-ons" but this is great. Really appreciate it, Frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back