FireFox 3.0 Alpha 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone using it besides me?

It seems a bit faster than FireFox 1.5, with more advanced history/bookmark features, but that's about it. Add-ons are limited at this point.

Maybe it's Firefox, maybe it's Gmail, but one extremely frustrating thing for me is when I have Firefox running with multiple tabs, if Gmail is one of these, when I am looking at one webpage in a tab when Gmail finished loading, it'll 'take over' or something and the tab with Gmail will be the one that's currently being displayed. I don't know how to better explain it, but when it happens I really get irritated.

Yes, G-Mail will do that when its initially loading. But once it's finished loading, and you keep the TAB open, when it refreshes, it will not do that.

FireFox 2.0 Beta 2 has been downloaded and installed. Seems to have a few more features and has better looks than 3.0. Think I'll hold off on 3.0 until it goes into Beta testing.

Fwiw, I had absolutely zero stability issues with 3.0. Guess I have good luck with pre-release software, unlike cars.

I think Firefox 2 is supposed to be released in September. It was delayed from Mid August. I am using Firefox 1.5 with good results, so I will wait until 2.0 is released to try it.

I have also tried Opera and like that. It seems more responsive than Firefox and IE6, but I have found a few sights that didn't display quite right using some Java.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back