FireFox 3.0 Alpha 1

Anyone using it besides me? It seems a bit faster than FireFox 1.5, with more advanced history/bookmark features, but that's about it. Add-ons are limited at this point.

Maybe it's Firefox, maybe it's Gmail, but one extremely frustrating thing for me is when I have Firefox running with multiple tabs, if Gmail is one of these, when I am looking at one webpage in a tab when Gmail finished loading, it'll 'take over' or something and the tab with Gmail will be the one that's currently being displayed. I don't know how to better explain it, but when it happens I really get irritated.

The Critic

Yes, G-Mail will do that when its initially loading. But once it's finished loading, and you keep the TAB open, when it refreshes, it will not do that.

The Critic

FireFox 2.0 Beta 2 has been downloaded and installed. Seems to have a few more features and has better looks than 3.0. Think I'll hold off on 3.0 until it goes into Beta testing. Fwiw, I had absolutely zero stability issues with 3.0. Guess I have good luck with pre-release software, unlike cars.

I think Firefox 2 is supposed to be released in September. It was delayed from Mid August. I am using Firefox 1.5 with good results, so I will wait until 2.0 is released to try it. I have also tried Opera and like that. It seems more responsive than Firefox and IE6, but I have found a few sights that didn't display quite right using some Java.