Fired NAVY Capt. possible reinstatement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by hemitruck
Just an FYI, a sailor on the Nimitz tested positive for the virus.

Yeah. No surprise there. Social distance is impossible on a Carrier. Just impossible.

So many common surfaces to keep clean.... so many people who are sleeping three feet away in common berthing. Viruses used to make their rounds on a ship all the time.

Good news is that it's a young, healthy population.

good commanders look after their troops and respect their chains of command. good commanders don't broadcast compromising information about operational readiness. good commanders know that, regardless of well they like their troops, ultimately their commands will have their troops be maimed or killed. military command is a tough, bloody business. acting secnav was correct to both relieve the c.o. and to speak bluntly to the crew.

Acting secnav and captain did what they thought was right and are jobless
smile.gif

Lots of incompetence at the top.....

acting secnav was correct to both relieve the c.o. and to speak bluntly to the crew. [/quote said:
Yeah the coward spoke on the 1mc and never addressed the crew directly, this is the current mentality the services have to deal with now, good riddance secnav and hopefully welcome back Capt.

Astro, well said.

You sign up to die for your country and to be paid on top of that?

I would die for this great country without remuneration, even though I wasn't born here and served by no choice of mine on the other side in my youth.
The Captain and the SECNAV both leaked too much and had to go.

Originally Posted by Y_K
Astro, well said.

You sign up to die for your country and to be paid on top of that?

I would die for this great country without remuneration, even though I wasn't born here and served by no choice of mine on the other side in my youth.
The Captain and the SECNAV both leaked too much and had to go.

It's called safety first that goes along with I die for my country. Also DC is so screwed that just just goes down the chain no real leadership too much wish washing.

It's bound to happen...get out of ME.

And that ship is a national trasure now: they can procure good blood plasma over and over again. Since the whole strike group is out anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back