Finally someone mentions the elephant in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ..there will be no Utopia ..unless we can trump Universal Law.

Let's say there were unlimited resources and zero liability energy. No pollution ..no side effects. Fine ..we'll all end up in some Gene Roddenberry future. We'll all come to our senses when everyone can have any and everything. No need to covet what others have ..for any reason.

...and in the evolution toward that, if it were attainable, the capitalistic model is surely the absolute perfect template to use. Each member of the seamless population of humanity contributing to the global enterprise. Each member having shares commensurate with the marketable worth of their contribution. Absolute perfection in distribution of resources and benefits.

...but that ignores the basic human condition. There's a whole lot of turf to be fought over in the meantime ..and those who have it aren't easily convinced to part with it. That is, they don't have to be the wisest or the most contributing to have "it" just powerful enough to retain it ..and bolster their ability to continue to do so.

..but we don't have unlimited or even sustainable resources ..so the capitalistic model will have the entire mass of humanity competing for an increasing share of a declining market. More and more members of humanity will have less and less "worth" and fall out of the shareholders realm.

..that brings us back to a massive war or a plague to provide an on going or temporary solution until we master those untidy details of theoretical models.

Otherwise, Soylent Green wasn't science fiction ..it was a futurist's depiction of totally predictable outcomes.

LOL @ the soylent green reference. So when the soylent green system begins running out of resource....will their be a new cattle class where...nevermind.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
The mafia will be alive and well in the New World Order, I can tell you that. The black market is where it's at.

Isn't wallstreet already the biggest mafia in history?

You do know of course that while wall street and the like are definitely at the top of the heap in the systems they've devised to "manage" the risk associated with the debt they offer(ed), the masses did (unwittingly perhaps) drink the koolaid...so they (we) share in the blame game. The only argument against their (our) complicity is one of ignorance, which in this case is a euphemism for stupidity. And that is not a very good argument.

Originally Posted By: digitalSniperX1
You do know of course that while wall street and the like are definitely at the top of the heap in the systems they've devised to "manage" the risk associated with the debt they offer(ed), the masses did (unwittingly perhaps) drink the koolaid...so they (we) share in the blame game. The only argument against their (our) complicity is one of ignorance, which in this case is a euphemism for stupidity. And that is not a very good argument.

Soooooooooo, what are the masses to do? All line up for swiss bank accounts?

Wall street took us all for a ride and their pyramid collapsed. End of story. The masses just don't have the golden parachutes.

Nah, they are the operators of the ride we got on and were slung off having no seat belts while it disintegrated.

They left with some of the parts though. Some, if not all of them should be collected in response to the destruction they masterminded, if only to serve as future lessons to those who'd attempt to do it again.

C'mon you guys... you're scaring me !!
27.gif

Who wants a world/central Gov't?

Well, who wanted a European Union?
And what religion wants total authority and temporal power on this earth?
There most certainly are those who work towards this goal.
Shicklegruber tried.

Originally Posted By: digitalSniperX1
Jeeze fella, I dunno. I'm just here for the ride. I suppose just to liven things up a bit....ILLUMINATI!!!.

Careful with the J word. Someone may bother Mrs Riek with this, and she surely has better things to do than dealing with this.
wink.gif

Quote:
Mori, I removed the word Jesus from your post. Members found it to be distasteful and needling Christmas and the people that believe. Please do not do it again. It may be your attempt at humor but it is not appreciated.

Helen

I am sorry for being such a distasteful person. Please understand, should I point out what I find distasteful. I will however say it to the person himself versus running to the forum nanny.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Again if we become a one world with one guv, I get dibs on Asia!

Seriously - the ONLY way I might even consider this pipe dream: If our constitution w/full BOR's, are used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Bill_of_Rights

54.gif

What will occur will be governments being "social managers" and economics totally governed by (more or less) doing something for a few dollars less. One that's forever in free fall and just on the brink of chaos between bidding wars.

The Constitutional government(s) may prove to be too inconvenient in how they can react or succeed in the ultimately competitive market. This will foster the willful erosion of such inhibitors to commerce and the benefits (most assuredly in the form of avoided losses for not being able to compete) that it provides.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
The 2nd Amendment is just for this such craziness.

thumbsup2.gif

I had been blissfully ignorant, not wanting to accept that some people are just truly evil. Even beyond my worst of imaginings...

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Gary you can have your dreams, I have mine. Thanks.

What, a Capitalistic Utopia? Sure it's an oxymoron ..but I would think that unleashed capitalism would be your greatest desire...or so one would think. No tariffs ..no embargoes ..no restrictions ..no barriers ..slash and cut ..negotiate and bargain ..

Isn't that a vocation that you dabble in ..of a fashion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back