Finally put the green in

Status
Not open for further replies.
my 03 Dodge Dakota 4.7l V-8. must say the engine seems more quiet than the M-1 5w-30 and the idle isnt rough either. so I will see as I get some miles on it how it does in there. Also have a NAPA GOLD filter on it too.

just got done with a 168 mile drive. my gas mileage was for hwy 17 at best. today after putting in the green yesterday my gas mileage went up 2 MPG to 19. may not sound like alot but with this truck thats something to celibrate lol. the engine sounded like the best it ever did. ran so smooth and acceleration was firmer (if that can happen) the engine didnt have a high pitch sound. wish I would of switched sooner. I will never put M-1 in this truck again. have to check at lights if the engine is still running as quiet as a 4 banger now lol.

thanks guys for informing me on the green elf elixer. I can say he dodge 4.7 v-8 runs great on this stuff. now to start the hording of the green
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Question for the Elves!!!
I'm a avid M1 and Amsoil user.

Chose to try the GC 0W-30 from AutoZone.
They had 12 qts left--Which Say-------->
MADE IN GERMANY!--> ON THE BACK OF BOTTLE.

I made sure of that. The rest on the shelf was a totally different label.

Anyway, got home drained the oil on my 1988 GMC truck with a TBI 350 cu in.

put the plug back in and screwed the new oil filter in.

Then started to pour the GC in! Chit!!!
The stuff was Gold!!! Boy was I confused!

After 20 sec of thinking about it. I thought oh well. This is a good oil just go with it.

So I come to the conclusion. Just because it says made in Germany don't mean its the Green.

Lot# MO51226ATW48009 09:24

SyN, my good fellow...welcome to the Elvish side of life...I will needle you gently...it is well documented on this site that anything after M0501. i.e. M0502 and higher is The Gold. Enough of that...do not fear The Gold...you can fear the IRS...you can fear bladed laser eye surgery (not that you have to)...you can fear all sorts of things...but DO NOT FEAR The Gold.
cheers.gif

Well Hockey PuK!
Thanks for sharing that info.

I guess I should have done some research first.

Ah the Gold will do fine. Might even start using it full time. GC was .40 cents cheaper a qt the M1.

I will sit back and Watch now to see if this motor falls in love with this oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back