Finally found some GC

Status
Not open for further replies.
went to the auto zone again and started pulling bottles. I found 6 with numbers 042806. they had some 01 but said made in the usa. so when I asked my wife if i could get she said yes. well must of been my lucky day. I thought i saw a couple hung in the back and I pushed the stack back and got them fwd and stared pulling again I found 2 more of 0w-30 and while I was pulling I noticed I was in the 5w-20 row . what luck was that. finding a few more in another isle. so I have 8 quarts of the green stuff now. will goto the other AZ and see what I can find.

so in January I will be trying this stuff as I just changed my oil last week of sept early oct.

oh yeah I know. I was almost jumping up and down after finding those 2 extra QT. in the 5w-30 section .

oh what do you guys mean by ELVES?

I think in my area I will hit 44QT in no time. seems like virgin territory around here. one advantage of living in a small town area. dont think anyone know about GC. I have plenty of AZ to goto and to search. I just hope I dont turn in to GOLEM and start calling GC MY PRECIOUS
grin.gif

I might run GC in the winter only at first. we get pretty cold around here. -20 isnt rare. but stay about 0 to 20 during the winter. summer about the 90 is average. but depends on how I like its preformance during spring and summer.

I have also recently switched. The wife is not liking my new hobby too much but she understands that this is better oil.

I first went to the closest AutoZone (across state line) and found 12 bottles of 04 (green) and 05 (gold) about a month ago.

Two weeks ago I went back and found a 12 more bottles of 05 (gold).

Today I went back and found 1 gold bottle in the store. I asked the manager if they were getting more and he said that he will not be ordering 0w-30 anymore as it doesn't sell. Even when I told him that I would buy it all, he said no.
confused.gif

Then I went to another store and found 10 more bottles, some 02, 04, and 05's.

I have a feeling that from this point on, it will only get harder to find this precious stuff.

Oh well, I heard that Canada has a steady supply of GC...
canada.gif

I might need to take a trip to Montreal...
cheers.gif

I have to add that the people working at these AZ's weren't too happy to help me find this oil. I wish I had the experience that others have noted in this forum.
frown.gif

2002 Subaru Impreza
2004 Toyota Corolla

quote:

I have to add that the people working at these AZ's weren't too happy to help me find this oil. I wish I had the experience that others have noted in this forum.
frown.gif

I got mixed reactions...the first store I went to some old duffer just looked at me like I was crazy when I was telling him why I was buying it......."Bah, oil is oil". The next store I went to the guy was wondering why he even carried the stuff as it never sells...well I bought it all so he sold it then
smile.gif

My last trip to another AZ they could not have been nicer...once I cleared the rack of it he even mentioned that he may have a case out back...he brought it out but is was gold. I explained why I was looking for the green and he thought that was pretty neat.

Hit or miss on the reactions you'll get form AZ employees I guess

agree- reactions are varied. some are interested, some look at you with that *did you get dropped on your head as a child?* look.

yeah my uncle stepsone works in the local AZ. he sawq me back there and was like is that the good stuff and I was like Oh yeah this is the good stuff lol. he kinda shook his head but seemed interested. now to get him to use his in store discount =-Þ.

Man I found 5 more quarts of the precious at the AZ in the next town. makes it 13 now. still have plenty of stores to goto. guess it pays off to live in the redneck country. should be able to get over 50 QT in no time and maybe more
tongue.gif
almost knocked the kid in the head while getting the GC. I think it dont like kids. lucky I deflected it from hitting him . that would be hard to explain to the lil lady. yes I let it hit the floor but doesnt the sec rule apply.

might try it in my push mower also. need to change the oil in that. seen someone put it in his and ran great. think its a 6.5 HP B&S motor.

may need to seek professional help soon. this is kinda fun. like a scavenger hunt
biggthumbcoffe.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Captain Howdy:

quote:

Originally posted by ucandoit:
Beware! It is addicting..before you know it you'll have 34 qts of the stuff in a couple days

Try 44qts! It's nuts but I did enjoy the quest.

Are you sure it's green? I thought I had 44 qts but after checking the lot # on the bottom of the bottles it turns out I only have 27 qts. The rest are German "gold" Castrol.

well the numbers are m04280. so unless someone put gold in the bottle and sealed it back up I am sure its the green. all my bottles has m04280 on the bottles. so yes 13 bottles of THE PRECIOUS
bowdown.gif
grin.gif

now my luck GC screws my engine up royaly lol. just kiddings guys. I am sure it will run fine in that lil motor of mine
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Dark Jedi:
well the numbers are m04280. so unless someone put gold in the bottle and sealed it back up I am sure its the green. all my bottles has m04280 on the bottles. so yes 13 bottles of THE PRECIOUS
bowdown.gif
grin.gif

To be precise, it is the Precious-s-s-s-s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back