Finally!!! Castrol makes syntec for older cars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to come out with an equivalent GTX product, too.

Quote:

That oil has been on the shelves around here for at least the last couple of years.

Not if that Castrol press release is true. This is not the same 20w50 Syntec that's been around forever.

----. So much redline bashing.

The UOAs for redilne ALWAYS show higher wear metals to begin with, however after multiple oil changes redline shows incredible wear numbers and is a fantastic oil!

Amsoil makes great lubes to.

Royalpurple is the blow, simply put, im not going into detail there.

Go look at the UOAs.

Im sure Terry or someone will jump in.

Quote:

Quote:

Kmart here has Syntec on the shelves that looks like it's from the 1990's...

K-Mart left Canada in 1998....where'd you find a K-Mart?

They shuddered a lot of doors in the states as well because they were losing money hand over fist to Wal-Mart since their stores were so dated. But I guess the new ownership that bought them out after so many stores closed began to show a profit mainly because of the real estate values. In any case, Sears has bought them out and now they carry a lot of Sears brand lines...

I used to get a lot of my oil at a K-Mart south of Buffalo, NY actually.

I bought 2 qts for my bike today. I don't know if I got the right stuff though. I does say that it's recomended for classic cars but is an SM oil.

How can it have lots of Zinc and be SM?

Only xW20 and xW30 oils have the SM zinc restrictions, while xW40 and xW50 oils do not.

(Slight simplification, but close enough.)

No good if you don't use 20w50, which I do not. Both my Buicks specify 10w40 for most conditions, not 20w50. That oil is TOO thick IMO.

Quote:

No good if you don't use 20w50, which I do not. Both my Buicks specify 10w40 for most conditions, not 20w50. That oil is TOO thick IMO.

Me two... I piosted here 2-3 years ago about which oil to use in my cars they are daily drive but all have flat tappet cams.

Winter is coming and again I come here for answers
smile.gif

There are no zinc rich oils in 5w or 0w and running 20w50 or even the 15w40 in -40 celsius temps isn't going to work. Winter lasts 8 months (seems too) I need options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back