Filtran or other brands w/ microfelt still avail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are transmission internal pan filters like the filtran brand or others (with the micro felt/fiber) still available for consumer purchase? Or special order? Know they use to make them., in late 90's and early 2k's.They were far superior than the just screen type, that will only filter to 60-100 nominal micron.

Cannot seem to find one for my application i.e, Motorcraft FT-105 for an 07 Linc TC, & Would like to also install these microfelt type trans pan filters on my other automatic tran cars & trucks.

Thanks
Paul

Want to also add an inline filter to the Linc TC, when i do a trans pan drop & fluid exchange, I See (fordparts.com) still sells an inline filter 3/8" barbed ends (FT-183 Motorcraft),but comes without clamps or 3/8 id hose's for the nipples & trans line ends, They are pretty proud of it at ~ $24./ for 1

Looks similar to the Magnefine. So may just order a 2 pack of the Magnefines.(for ~$29) I plan to install the inline filter on return line of cooler outlet to transmission. Ts that OK?, It's where magnefine recommends.

I have a 12 qt case of Havoline/Chevron Merc V semi syn (approved & certified by ford), and about 4 qts of Vavoline Merc V (not ford certified but recommended) left over from another car, I plan to use in the TC.

If I cannot find an old style microfelt element or one like it for the TC, will go with a Motorcraft FT-105 internal pan filter. I appreciate any comments & suggestions, Was originally going to install a remote aux mount trans filter,& use spin on filters but congested room limitation would be very tough. Sorry post is so long

Thanks Paul

All my GM filters that I have got from NAPA,AAP etc have been felt. You may want to think about a Magnefine inline filter for better filtration.

Originally Posted By: daman
All my GM filters that I have got from NAPA,AAP etc have been felt. You may want to think about a Magnefine inline filter for better filtration.

Yes I'M planning to install a Magnefine as stated above on post, when I do the trans fluid pan drop & service, just wanted to make sure I can still get a filter media lined internal pan filter also. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back