Filters with built in bypass filtration circuit similar to FLEETGUARD LF9028

I run the Fleetguard LF9028 on my cummins powered truck and love the idea of built in bypass filtration. I have a chevy and a ford I'd like to get a similar filter for. Is there a product line that makes filters like the LF9028 in other dimensions?

1672862453740.jpg

57620 is the filter that cross references directly to your filter
There's two filters there that are about the same size that have a bypass built in that are 1"-16 with a similar gasket, there's also 57669 that's a larger filter with a similar gasket and a bypass built in.
1672862588340.jpg

I'm sorry I realize, I misread that, I thought you were looking for a filter with a built in bypass valve similar to the one you listed that doesn't have one, not one with a built in bypass filtration section.

I was thinking that Donaldson Blue filters also had a bypass system, but it doesn't look like they do. They just have a much better efficiency rating than Fleetguard filters.

There used to be a oil filter company who claimed it included an integrated section of filtration acting as a bypass filter... can't remember the company.

While reading up on this I've found some new terms that are relevant to what we're discussing.
vclf - venturi combo lube filter
dual flow filter
Fleetguard venturi filter line
Baldwin high velocity dual flow
venturi combo

I also found that there is a single inlet/ single outlet as well as a single inlet dual outlet style that requires specific hardware.
single double filter.PNG
diagram.PNG

single outlet filter.PNG

Wix (57254) and Donaldson (P550597)

Toyota'a factory dual element filter 90915-30002
toyota.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh at Adept Ape was tearing apart one of those filters (stacked bypass thing) in his vid:

He's not a fan, but he can be a bit of a CAT purist. I just thought it was interesting seeing the accordion come out of the can.

Josh at Adept Ape was tearing apart one of those filters (stacked bypass thing) in his vid:

He's not a fan, but he can be a bit of a CAT purist. I just thought it was interesting seeing the accordion come out of the can.

I'm not familiar with him but that's just silly. Cat has bypass filtration as well as dual flow filters.

Watched the clip you posted...honestly that guy just sounded ignorant. The stacked disc media is intended to work as a bypass, alongside the full flow element inside that single canister. The stacked disc is really good at cleaning up engine sludge with a high efficiency. That's why most newer HD lube filters for Cummins engines no longer use the stacked disc...engine sludge is not as prevalent due to the cleaner fuel systems and improved oil chemistries.

Back