Filter Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering what company makes the oil filter with the one big hole. And why is this bigger hole important?

not including the threaded hole ..there is 7 small holes and 1 larger hole in the base of the oil filter

Ha ha ha ha..I figured somebody would have a quick answer...But if ya look in the lawn mower parts section at lowes or home depot most of the briggs filters and kohler filters have one hole that is larger then the rest..Its been that way for years...im sure a pro filter guy will have an explanation soon..instead of a hmmm or huh?..now i know how some guys have over 3,000 posts...

Well.....

1. Usually posters give a little more info like a make, model, yr of vehicle etc.

2. Might have been better to post in the Lawn Mower section.

36.gif

Originally Posted By: Red Dog
Ha ha ha ha..I figured somebody would have a quick answer...But if ya look in the lawn mower parts section at lowes or home depot most of the briggs filters and kohler filters have one hole that is larger then the rest..Its been that way for years...im sure a pro filter guy will have an explanation soon..instead of a hmmm or huh?..now i know how some guys have over 3,000 posts...

Now I understand what you're talking about... Your first post was vague at best.

I think this is just because the machine that makes/puts on the tops uses this hole to hold 'em. The bigger hole doesn't really do anything different so they don't care if it's there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back