Filter Magnets vs Bypass

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently running a Fram Extended Guard with a popular name brand oil filter magnet. I was thinking about what the results might be if I got a one of the magnets that fits between the block and the filter in conjunction with this filter magnet. Would the extreme magnetic forces warp my oil into another dimension, or, could the result be comparable or better than a bypass filter?

quote:

Originally posted by JavaMan:
Would the extreme magnetic forces warp my oil into another dimension, or, could the result be comparable or better than a bypass filter?

I think you'd better quit siphoning oil by mouth..or spit it out!!LOL
lol.gif
I'm sure 2 magnets are not going to "WARP" you oil into some other dimension, but you'd better ask Captain Kirk or Scotty on that one.
grin.gif

Most of the wear in your engine, yes even a gasoline engine, comes from carbon based "soot" particles from blow-by circulating in your oil.

Nothing beats a good bypass filter, anything less is just not up to the job. A bypass cost a bit of money, is a pain to install, and you have to figure out when to change it. You generate more cost, but you also benefit from cleaner oil. Magnets may be useful, it's hard to tell. We tried them in a fleet test, and by uoa's in a sequence over 2 years could not tell the difference. The fuzzy stuff they picked up was pretty, but a bypass filter is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back