Filter for a Burgman 400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, I have a KN131 in my Burgman. (It is a tiny thing, maybe 2.5" long and
Unfortunately, nobody locally carries anything but K&N for my bike. (One place used to have Caltric, but stopped carrying them last year.) I have seen many online, but have no idea if they will actually fit, and many are brands I have never heard of.

So, yeah...HELP!

(I hate cartridge filters...)

What is wrong with OEM? Price??
I use to buy EMGO oil filters when I rode. You have a 400CC engine and no shared engine & transmission sump making a larger filter unwarranted.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/135-7277194-8217441?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=burgman+400+oil+filter&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aburgman+400+oil+filter

Not a whole lot of options.

OEM, HiFloFiltro HF131* or HF971, Mann MH51

* I think I read somewhere that HiFlo manufactures K&N's motorcycle oil filters, thus the same part numbers

K&N's motorcycle/motorsports oil filters used to be the same as HiFlo Filtro and made in Thailand. So, they're having them made up in China now, hummmm.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
What is wrong with OEM? Price??
I use to buy EMGO oil filters when I rode. You have a 400CC engine and no shared engine & transmission sump making a larger filter unwarranted.

Availability, price, and the local Suzuki dealer being a pain. (And they never have any in stock, and last time, they wanted me to order a pack of 4 filters.)

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Availability, price, and the local Suzuki dealer being a pain.

People still buy parts from their local dealer?

You can get OEM parts cheaper these days online. Of course, you'll need to pay shipping but often if you've got a number of parts you need to order, or you're stocking up on parts, you can still save even with the shipping charges.

Ronayers.com
Bikebandit.com
Suzukipartshouse.com

Just for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back