filter for 3k oci

Now that I have been convinced to stay away from fram, I need to know what else is out there. What is a decent in expensive filter that I could. Use on a 3k oci? I thought of k and n but that would be on the high sisde a bit

Last edited:
I think you mean Fram, but Wal Marts Super Tech would be a good choice for the money.

Fram filters are just fine, especially for a 3k OCI. Don't believe the stupid 'anti Fram' hysteria that is spouted on here. Frams will NOT destroy your vehicle....

While Fram will not destroy your vehicle, you can pay a lot less for an oil filter. Supertech. The low end napa is good too. Purolator premium plus is cheap right now from Amazon.com, if you don't mind ordering.

Supertech/stp or Purolator Classic or Napa Silver/Carquest. Any of those three are under or around three bucks and good filters. AutoZone has proselcts? I think. They're made by Purolator but a lot smaller on my application. Probably an inch shorter. "Don't believe the stupid 'anti Fram' hysteria that is spouted on here. Frams will NOT destroy your vehicle...." I agree completely. And on such a short OCI they would be even more reasonable. But for the price I think one can do better.

Last edited:
SuperTech, STP, Quaker State, Fram (If you get them for 50 cents like I did!), Pennzoil, ProLine, Napa ProSelect, MotorCraft, AC Delco, Purolator Classic (Premium Plus), Parts Plus, Carquest Red. Any of those filters would work fine for a 3k OCI.

The cheapest filter you can find that isn't also a rebadged Fram. Reward the behavior you want to see and save some $$ in the process.

If your filter is a large, common number, I would look at ST. Their smaller ones have a cheap dome end bypass, as does everything made by Fram and Purolator except Motorcraft. I am still looking for a good, cheap replacement for the ST 3950 Wal-Mart dropped. They had already cheapened it with a dome end bypass. Next oil change, it is going to be STP, Pronto, or Hastings.