filter for 01 bombardier ds-650

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know where i can get a filter online for this quad other than k&n? I hate to pay $15 ea plus shipping for this tiny little thing. The local dealer wants $12 each! The bombardier part # is P711256186, im having trouble crossing this everywhere. Any help is appreciated.

What's the K&N number? Or do they feature K&N as the OEM manufacturer and that's the number they use?

Is this a spin-on or a cartridge?

This has a 653cc Rotax engine.

Does it look like this?

825706.jpg

KN-138-Powersports-Canister-Scooter-Oil-Filter-Suzuki-Burgman-AN650-02-08.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, cartridge filter. I bought one replacement at a dealer around here for the $12 I mentioned above. They had two different filters listed for this year and model, one a little longer than the other. I knew it was the shorter one because I had already pulled the old one out. The # that I listed above is off of the box, which is "bombardier genuine parts". I will have to pull the filter out of the quad again to see who it is made by, but I doubt it says so.

I found out on one site that bombardier switched to a longer filter halfway through '01, so that was why the dealer listed two different ones. Now, K&N's website lists the KN-152 for the '01 model and up, but the KN-151, which is a little shorter, for the '00 model. I am guessing the replacement for my bike is the 151, but again, Ill have to pull the filter off to measure it and be sure. All I have right now is the # off the replacement filter box...

KN-151 Product Specifications
Product Style: Oil Filters
Height: 2.028 in (52 mm)
Outside Diameter: 2.205 in (56 mm)
PSI Relief Valve: 24.07
Anti Drain Back Valve: No
Style: Cartridge
Weight: 0.2 lb (0.1 kg)
Product Box Length: 2.5 in (64 mm)
Product Box Width: 2.5 in (64 mm)
Product Box Height: 2.25 in (57 mm)

KN-152 Product Specifications
Product Style: Oil Filters
Height: 2.953 in (75 mm)
Outside Diameter: 2.205 in (56 mm)
Anti Drain Back Valve: No
Style: Cartridge
Weight: 0.1 lb (0 kg)
Product Box Length: 2.75 in (70 mm)
Product Box Width: 2.75 in (70 mm)
Product Box Height: 3.13 in (79 mm)

I can't get anywhere either. Donaldson has a filter that fits the dimensions, but no bypass valve that these allegedly have.

P555400
21.gif

I found the filter @ parkeryamaha.com. The part # was superseded with a new one, 420256186. Looks like it's made by champion. $10.75 ea there. Getting warmer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back