filter flow affecting oil pressure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I got a few value .the truck I drive now ask for an average oil pressure of 35 to 40 psi.I got29 to 30 (at 230 degree farenheigh)the oil filter I use today is a lf9080 rated for Approx 27 gallon per minute.if I was to begin using the lf9070 (rated at approx 39 GPM would this raise the oil pressure at the beginning of the oil change life but more importantly at the end of said oil change life (20000to 25000 mile)probably would be a good question of the day lol.(engine is an cummins isx 450hp

How old is it and what gauge are you using to measure oil pressure?

If your using the dash gauge then I would validate the readings by hooking up an external one before changing anything. Many in-vehicle pressure sending units become horribly inaccurate as they get older.

Oh!forgot about that!its a 2006.so a flow capability of 39gpm (instead of 27 wouldn't raise the indash oil pressure?OK then ,since I know the isx b50 is 900000 mile and this one just hit 1050000 mile ?then I all assume some seal is leaking between the oil pump and everything else.tu guys.just wanted to make sure ,was hoping I would gain 2 or 4 psi (I was expecting that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back