Filter delivered with crushed box and dirty

Amazon delivered 2 filters that came in one of those plastic bags. Both filter boxes were crunched a bit, not terrible but not good.

The outside of the filters both had cardboard scraps (?) just drity on the outside. Will these be ok to use? Should I use the air compressor and see if any junk flies out of the inside? The seals both look ok.

Alright Amazon refunded but did not send replacements. Should I through them out?

The actual metal filter is not dented and I don't see debris near the entrance.

I ordered some air filters and they came the same way. Plastic bag, filters crushed and unusable. Sent back and was refunded.

Had to get them from NAPA, but at least they weren't crushed and I could see them first.

Alright Amazon refunded but did not send replacements. Should I through them out?

The actual metal filter is not dented and I don't see debris near the entrance.
Put a shop vac on the center hole and suck out anything in the center tube.

Repeat after me:

Don't buy car parts from Amazon

This is a post I made several months ago. Amazon can be a great place to buy parts.​

The OE o2 sensor might be manufactured by Mando. Hyundai sources most of their ignition coils and some o2 sensors from them. Most Hyundais have a NTK o2 sensor from the factory​

FWIW, I just bought a Mando HVAC blower exactly the same as original for $50. Dealer wanted $191 + tax. Not in stock, would take 4 or 5 days. Amazon next day delivery.​

Hint ....... get oem part number, then do a search for that p/n. You'll be surprised at what is available.​

Lots of Mando parts on H/K. Alternators, starters, other electrical are oem.[/USER]​

Last edited:
My only issue with amazon is that i read that they can mix the same part from various sellers. So if seller A is selling ngk spark plug and seller B is selling the same ngk plug you may order from seller A but they gave you seller B spark plug but counted it as coming from seller A inventory so it works out on the back end. The only issue is seller B brought over fake ngk plugs. Now the customer is stuck with a fake ngk plug from a legit seller. I cant confirm any of this. I just read before this scenario can happen.

I have not had any issues with Amazon parts, oil filters, or air filters. I only order from "shipped and sold by Amazon". I have ordered wix filters, denso sensors, Bilstein shocks, Moog springs, timken bearings and can't remember what else.

Is it possible to have an issue - absolutely - but they take it back without fuss.

If you don't want to buy from Mr. Bezos I understand, just sharing my experience.

I have not had any issues with Amazon parts, oil filters, or air filters. I only order from "shipped and sold by Amazon". I have ordered wix filters, denso sensors, Bilstein shocks, Moog springs, timken bearings and can't remember what else.

Is it possible to have an issue - absolutely - but they take it back without fuss.

If you don't want to buy from Mr. Bezos I understand, just sharing my experience.
"shipped and sold by Amazon".

This is the key element. I only buy Amazon Prime. Dozens of parts, 1000's of $$$$. Never a problem. The overnight or 2 day delivery is important for me.

That is the risk you take buying oil filters online. To me, the savings do not outweigh the aggravation of the damages or some kind of issue which occur and is commonly posted here.
"Caveat emptor".

If the filter is good enough for you to consider using, why did you ask for a refund?
I have struggled with this in the past. I order something and it shows up functional but not as described in whatever way. Do I pay full price and settle for it, or send it back?

Late to the party here, but I also ordered a couple of filters, supposedly "sold by and shipped by" Amazon, and they arrived in the same plastic bag as mentioned above. Both filters were out of their cartons and the cartons were smashed. Did not appear there was anything wrong with them...no rattles...but I'm not ordering any other similar items from Mr. Bezos.

Back