Filed for bankruptcy and here is your new credit card.

Did somebody implant a credit card on him or something? It was HIS CHOICE!
Yeah, I mean this stuff drives me nuts, Read my post above ^^^ we are entering a time where people make their own decisions and when they make a bad one, its someone else's fault.

Yet when they are prevented from something, its still someone else's fault and they are being in some way discriminated against.
Ex. lets say his brother was denied but some rich well known personality got a credit card after bankruptcy.

You either want to be a free adult or not. There is no in-between. (this stuff drives me nuts)

Last edited:
Reactions: CKN
Think about what the OP is saying, seriously.
Do you want banks to be your gatekeeper and a banker (or any company) to decide your life on a timeframe for when you should be eligible to have credit restored to you?
Some might consider that discrimination depending on status and class. I think your brother is being rewarded for his good credit before his misfortune.

Do you want to have other people ruling over you and deciding your life decisions?
Funny you mention that, though not for this thread's reasons. Banks, credit card companies, Paypal, etc, have been and are discriminating against and denying service to people based on their opinions they post on Facebook, on Youtube videos, etc. The people then have to resort to cryptocurrency to transfer money. People who think that's fine then say, "Those are private companies. If you don't like it, just start your own bank."

Anyway, I'm not surprised the person got a credit card; just surprised it's for $2500. When my friend had bad credit, and I think this was soon after declaring bankruptcy, she got a credit card with a $300, maybe $500, limit.

Funny someone files for bankruptcy and then gets a credit card...I say that person still has not learned anything at all....

Funny you mention that, though not for this thread's reasons. Banks, credit card companies, Paypal, etc, have been and are discriminating against and denying service to people based on their opinions they post on Facebook, on Youtube videos, etc. The people then have to resort to cryptocurrency to transfer money. People who think that's fine then say, "Those are private companies. If you don't like it, just start your own bank."

Anyway, I'm not surprised the person got a credit card; just surprised it's for $2500. When my friend had bad credit, and I think this was soon after declaring bankruptcy, she got a credit card with a $300, maybe $500, limit.
Interesting comment. Im not sure I agree (or better said have not heard about that type of discrimination) BUT most the public is clueless about privacy and can care less until they are affected.
Same goes for locking your credit reports free of charge.
Many dont know you can also lock your Facebook profile from anyone seeing it except those in your contact list.

(yeah, Im not so sure about that $2,500 limit myself except maybe, just maybe that 800+ previous credit score was taken into account and medical bills have been getting some consideration)

Go figure, I get made fun of all the time in here with my privacy agenda, whether its the email company I use or the Apple operating system.
These are the people who believe "everything is out there already" so why bother until they become victims, then they understand, they can minimize exposure and its all free. I call it apathy

Last edited:
So California isn't having any of this snowflake, living off the gov't stuff going on. They'll stop your comp payments and roll you out on the streets like the... wait... this doesn't match the cult definition of CA. Are you sure he's not in Florida? It's sunny with beaches and stuff too. :rolleyes:

I know a couple who filed for bankruptcy and within three months of it they financed a new Toyota Camry. It was as if there never was bankruptcy 🤷‍♂️

Why would a credit card company issue someone a new card right after a bankruptcy? Because they have no debt.
Not just that, but that person cannot file for bankruptcy again for 8 years after a bankruptcy. That period used to be 7 years, but was extended to 8 in 2005.

That means if he runs up debt now, normally he's out of luck until he can legally file again years from now.

Not just that, but that person cannot file for bankruptcy again for 8 years after a bankruptcy. That period used to be 7 years, but was extended to 8 in 2005.

That means if he runs up debt now, normally he's out of luck until he can legally file again years from now.
Furthermore, the bankruptcy courts no-longer summarily dismiss unsecured credit card debt.
Lenders know that issuing credit cards to people who have just gone through bankruptcy is VERY profitable and they RUSH to issue new ones. Most of these people never learn from their past mistakes and don't change their spending habits. The bankruptcy recidivism rate is extremely high. I know a guy who filed every 7 (now 8) years like clockwork. The last time he did the judge did not let him out of his credit card debts. He got burned! He was not able to use those credit cards or obtain new ones after that. His high spending lifestyle changed dramatically after that.

Furthermore, the bankruptcy courts no-longer summarily dismiss unsecured credit card debt.
Lenders know that issuing credit cards to people who have just gone through bankruptcy is VERY profitable and they RUSH to issue new ones. Most of these people never learn from their past mistakes and don't change their spending habits. The bankruptcy recidivism rate is extremely high. I know a guy who filed every 7 (now 8) years like clockwork. The last time he did the judge did not let him out of his credit card debts. He got burned! He was not able to use those credit cards or obtain new ones after that. His high spending lifestyle changed dramatically after that.
This isn't surprising. When the bankruptcy rules tightened in 2005, it was after reps for credit card companies said in testimony before Congress that some people used bankruptcy as a financial planning tool. As in, run up more bills, then file again, all done deliberately. The rules now strongly favor restructuring and paying part of the debt (chapter 13) over totally liquidating the debt (chapter 7). The old tricks some people like that guy were using don't work so well now.

Back