Figured I'd Share a Photo With Y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've mentioned in the past I'm constantly learning on working on my car and my wife's car. Listening to your advice, listening to you discuss, and many other elements of this fine forum have taught me quite a bit, and I had an opportunity to share a little photo to illustrate the benefits of finding this place and following-through with proper regimen of care.

My wife's Kia was starting to leak, and we traced it (for now) to a valve cover gasket (though we're going to put some oil stabilizer in there with UV dye to next service we can determine it was the only culprit - the friend I'm working with who is teaching me a bit wants to see if the timing cover may be leaking a bit too.)

During the process we took a shot of the valve train. He said it was one of the cleaner he's seen in awhile. So that was a nice fistpump moment.

Stats for the car are in my Sigfile. Been Mobil 1 since we bought it used in 2013.

[Linked Image]

Cheers! Hope you're all staying warm out there.

Last edited:
Looks great. A little early in the engine's life to be chasing an oil leak. Hope it's just the valve cover gasket.

Report back if that dye works.

Off topic but, I noticed the timing chain is not the typical looking roller bicycle type. Appears to possibly much stronger which means less elongation wear? ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back