Fights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staged or?

Do you mean a boxing match??

Actually been in or witnessed?

The three REAL fights (not sporting events) that I've seen left me disgusted.

One was at a baseball game. Two idiots...I had to get the kids away.

One was in a TJ bar....almost surreal until the [censored] starting flying through the room.

Third was at work! Mostly yelling until one guy jumped on the other guy. No damage to either as we all pulled them apart. Neither worked there much longer.

Well, for "free range" fights ..the most impressive one I saw was when Joyce and I left the prom for Washington D.C. ..and I decided to take the scenic route on Rt. 1 ..ended up weaving through Baltimore ..and we got sorta lost (a couple of blocks off track). We saw two guys trying to kill each other ..and one was getting the better of the other. There was a roving crowd of about 35 people that were spectators. They would move with the fight. We didn't hang around to see who the victor was.

Worst fight I ever saw was in high school. Two guys were off campus on lunch break, up a steep hill from the campus in the grocery store parking lot. The started fighting at the edge of the parking lot, and ended up intertwined as they rolled down the hill out into the street in front of a moving school bus. I knew the guy that was winning...."Danny" was on top of the other guy, banging his face into the concrete. It was a bloody mess by the time the parking lot attendant broke it up.

In HS, there was a REAL loudmouth, Jean-Claude I think his name was, who p-o'd a real tough quiet guy, Carl. Carl finally got fed up with him and challenged him to meet him in an arena lot off school property after school.

He showed up, and Carl, who knew how to fight and knew this guy was no challenge, decided to 'play' with him. He danced around Jean Claude, just out of reach, and 'smacked' his face over and over again for about 30 mins. Never drew blood, never really hurt him, and never let him even come close to getting a shot in. Wore him right down until he gave up, and let him leave.

Jean Claude didn't look THAT bad leaving the fight, BUT the next day, his face was NOTHING but one big purple and blue bruise. That guy didn't mouth off about many people after that.....

I've been in several, unfortunately. Most could have been avoided, had I not been so stupid. The stories are not worth repeating.

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
The stories are not worth repeating.

Kinda where I'm coming from. Although the Tijuana bar one was like a movie scene in slow motion. The two idiots are not worth remarking….but the way the air in the bar filled with flying bottles, chairs, plates, knives (yes), people….stuff so thick in the air it seemed like there couldn't possibly be 1 cubic foot of free air in the dirty joint. We somehow made in out…..I was running full bore maybe two feet from the ground, that in and of itself must have looked hilarious!

I've seen a few. Last one was this past New Year. This was not really a fight so much as a beat-down. Some guy I don't know shows up wasted-drunk to a friend's house and starts shouting crazy stuff wanting to fight people... I think he had the wrong house. He wasn't a very big guy, but he sure was tenacious. Time passes and he's getting rowdier all the time. Another friend of mine tried to take him back to where ever he came from to cool down and get some rest. He agrees and acts calm, but just before he gets in the car *whack* out of nowhere he punches my friend right in the face. That's where things went downhill. I grabbed the guy from behind and the guy who just got punched starts wailing on him. About this time, the owner of the house comes out and starts wondering why all these women are outside the house yelling and screaming. He walks up and knocks the drunk to the ground and tries to tell him to leave or get ready to catch a beating. The drunk was laying on the ground, still trying to get back up, kicking, shouting threats and throwing punches wildly, landing a few. I guess the owner figured enough was enough and really laid into him. It looked like he was starting a lawnmower in reverse the way he kept punching him in the face. I haven't seen many people take a beating like that. So, the drunk was out cold. We left him in the front yard and go back inside to clean up thinking surely he's down for the count.

Well what do you know - the guy wakes up, bloodied and disoriented an hour or so later and tries to steal the neighbor's car. The cops show up and bring him off to jail.

Crazy times...

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
It looked like he was starting a lawnmower in reverse the way he kept punching him in the face. I haven't seen many people take a beating like that.

crackmeup2.gif

I've been in several, unfortunately. Most could have been avoided, had I not been so stupid. The stories are not worth repeating.

I'm kind of where you were, only 50 years later. My hands are all scared and arthritic, some days I can barely hold a fork to feed myself.

Way too much testosterone back then, all used up now....
06.gif

All seems so stupid now.......

I don't think I've pummeled anyone since ..hmmm..high school. I was never a "fighter". I was a raging maniac. Any protracted exchange usually ended in a draw. Got my nose broken. Calm set in with the kids. I switched to object aggression (referred to as "one of Dad's punch kick and slam the door fits") ..and then it finally went away.

I haven't been in a fight since the late teens.

The worst fight I saw was a combination of physical abuse and psychological abuse. It was one guy being dragged around by a mob of people who would occasionally kick him. He was really scared and peed in his pants. He wasn't yet bloody when I saw him but I'm sure it was still to come.

In these instances you can't really get involved. It was a feud between two rival gangs.

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
In these instances you can't really get involved. It was a feud between two rival gangs.

Not unless you have a > Death Wish....

death-wish-iii.jpg

Originally Posted By: CivicFan

Not unless you have a > Death Wish....

death-wish-iii.jpg

One shouldn't base his/her actions on what s/he sees in the movies. Life is not a movie, there is no stuntman to do the tricks for you and there is no script to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back