Fifth Gear tv show oil analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, the conclusion that is drawn is new oil makes your car faster, something that has nothing to do with oil analysis.

Sort of misguided considering the message they could have conveyed.

Fifth gear is just the worst auto program ever made.. really rubbish to the bone. And sometimes when they test VAG cars you could get the thought money has changed hands after dark. Ofcourse I am not saying that actually happens.

Maybe the worst UK automotive program, but still better than almost everything made here regarding automobiles.

Originally Posted By: shDK
Fifth gear is just the worst auto program ever made.. really rubbish to the bone. And sometimes when they test VAG cars you could get the thought money has changed hands after dark. Ofcourse I am not saying that actually happens.

I wouldn't say the worst, but it is pretty bad indeed. Especially their "tests".

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Maybe the worst UK automotive program, but still better than almost everything made here regarding automobiles.

Your right. I cannot speak for the US made ones. I have only seen 1 episode of the US top gear. And that sure did suck. :)

Last edited:
So according to Fifth Gear used oil with 10,000 miles on it saps power? If I thought there was even the the slightest bit of truth to it I'd want to know more details but of course it was a totally unscientific test.
What were the oil temp's during each run, the
air temp's and the relative humidity just to name three factors affect performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back