Fibre free head gasket repair?

Any recommendations for a head gasket/minor crack repair that’s fibre free? Considering Blue Devil but open to suggestions.

Used Blue Devil twice over the years with good results. Just get the more expensive version.
Can you explain more expensive version? I see two sizes but that’s it. There is a Cooling System Leak product but how anybody can decide if it’s the head gasket or elsewhere is a mystery.

Can you explain more expensive version? I see two sizes but that’s it. There is a Cooling System Leak product but how anybody can decide if it’s the head gasket or elsewhere is a mystery.
The one with the yellow label.

81fXrGTaPlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

NOT the Pour and Go version

00209.png

What's wrong with fiber? The Bars Leaks HG-1 Head Gasket Sealer works great, and I have it on a Subaru which is known for head gasket problems :D

I'd ask a real mechanic for advice before a youtube hack. Not sure WHAT that radiator is from, but on most cars, the passages are much narrower than that. As in my 95 Olds.

139Radiator super clean.JPG

And if you use the second one and it doesn't work, will you blame the product? Spend the money and do it right the first time or don't bother doing it at all.
Again, they’re identical. Size is the only difference.

1) How do you determine the chemicals are identical?
2) And even if they are, I would still use the more complicated procedure mentioned in the yellow bottle, in which case you would need two bottles of the cheaper version anyway.
Small 4 cylinder, large 8 cylinder. Awaiting email from BD.

Last edited:
1) How do you determine the chemicals are identical?
2) And even if they are, I would still use the more complicated procedure mentioned in the yellow bottle, in which case you would need two bottles of the cheaper version anyway.

This. If they were identical, they wouldn't have radically different instructions on how to use them :unsure:

I'd ask a real mechanic for advice before a youtube hack. Not sure WHAT that radiator is from, but on most cars, the passages are much narrower than that. As in my 95 Olds.

View attachment 130937

The car used in the video was a Jaguar X-Type. It has a Ford Duratec V6. When the radiator was cut open, the head gasket sealer had been in the car for 2 years.

I used Bars once out of curiosity and it worked for me.

I don't buy that fibers will clog up anything unless there is a leak in that area or the cooling system has buildup internally in which case all bets are off with any sealer.

GM and Ford put stop leak tablets in New cars. Or at least they have on certain cars in recent memory (2017)

Back