Fiat made M1Abrams Battle Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
The M1 has been a true success stories of American engineering. However, it is a Chrysler vehicle.

Now that Chrysler is being sold to Fiat I wonder what changes the Italians will make?

Any Ideas?

The Abrams was designed by Chrysler Defense. However, Chrysler Defense was purchased by General Dynamics (who actually build the vehicle) some 30 years ago. The Chrysler Corporation hasn't had anything to do with the M1 Abrams in decades...

Cheers

Install a 6-speed French tank transmission is probably what they would do. This has five reverse speeds and one forward speed; the latter is in case the enemy attacks from the rear!

a.) Why would an Italian co. install a French trans. in anything? Incidentally, aside from the "surrender monkey" joke, French combat tanks are highly regarded and always have been and the LeClerc moves like a banshee out of [censored]...

b.) As stated, Chrysler has had nothing to do with US tanks for decades.

C.) Fiat is part of a "Group" that also owns OTO Malera which makes some excellent military vehicles of their own:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariete

Originally Posted By: SuperDave456
The M1 has been a true success stories of American engineering. However, it is a Chrysler vehicle.

Now that Chrysler is being sold to Fiat I wonder what changes the Italians will make?

Any Ideas?
My guess is they will install backup lights on them like they did in WW II.
LOL.gif
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back