Fiat Chrysler and PSA Group exploring merger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by skyactiv
Is this going to turn into a complain about junk Chrysler products thread?

Would it really be BITOG if someone didn't do exactly that?

I think it could be beneficial. Fiat certainly hasn't been detrimental to Chrysler.... though it is certainly time for some new platforms NOT based off old Mercedes platforms.

Always had a soft spot for Peugeot's, not sure why though lol... Would be cool to get a 308 GTI.

Last edited:
I'll allow the merger if they bring back this sweet piece:

[Linked Image from consumerguide.com]

If this means I can finally live the dream and get a Citroen in America, I'm all for it.

Although, I'd still rather have one of the real Citroens of the 70s when they were absolutely bonkers in the best possible ways.

Originally Posted by littlehulkster
If this means I can finally live the dream and get a Citroen in America, I'm all for it.

Although, I'd still rather have one of the real Citroens of the 70s when they were absolutely bonkers in the best possible ways.

First you will have to educate everyone how to pronounce Citroen.

Originally Posted by PimTac

Sittereen? Citrus? It's like it's a French word or something.

Originally Posted by Reddy45

Those weren't bad at all.....

Our neighbour had a 1970's Peugeot 504 wagon.

Awkward looking thing, but apparently very reliable over 10+ years of use.

It was standard, and I remember it had a really long, bus-like gear shifter...looked horrible to use!

Originally Posted by addyguy

It was standard, and I remember it had a really long, bus-like gear shifter...looked horrible to use!

Those were one of the best ever Peugeots - indestructible!

Originally Posted by KenshinHimura
So does this mean we may see a new Eagle Medallion?

Nope that's an old Renault when Chrysler bought out AMC/Jeep in the USA they had made a deal to sell Renault products like the compacts R9 (Alliance) R11 (Encore HB)
R21 (Medallion midsize sedan and wagon ) and R25 (Premier sdn) actually all of them were good designs the problem was the they modified them for the US market which made them less good.

Originally Posted by Falcon_LS

Yep...actually I owned a 505 wagon (manual trans) and that was also a fantastic car as well, very durable, not expensive to maintain and extremely good handling and comfortable with great seats! Also drove a 505 sedan with a diesel which was terrific.
I wanted a 1991 Peugeot 405 Mi 16 but didn't have the money at the time. Also unfortunate that Peugeot never sold the amazing 205GTi here back in the 80s ! Better than a VW Rabbit/Golf GTI by far.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by AC1DD
Originally Posted by Falcon_LS

Yep...actually I owned a 505 wagon (manual trans) and that was also a fantastic car as well, very durable, not expensive to maintain and extremely good handling and comfortable with great seats! Also drove a 505 sedan with a diesel which was terrific.
I wanted a 1991 Peugeot 405 Mi 16 but didn't have the money at the time. Also unfortunate that Peugeot never sold the amazing 205GTi here back in the 80s ! Better than a VW Rabbit/Golf GTI by far.

I had 205 Gti. It was a blast of a vehicle, but not as reliable as VW Gti 16V MKII which I also had. 205 GTi had serious issues with suspension. Any ball joints would have lifespan of few thousands of miles unless you drive it on Belgium HWY's. If everything was OK, it was absolute pure joy to drive and I never wanted to get out of the car.
405 Mi16 was for me always best car in that class of European vehicles (Opel Vectra 2.0 16V, Passat 2.0 16V). It had a class to it unlike those German appliance vehicles of that time.
I am not sure how PSA merger with FCA would affect the US market and would that bring some interesting vehicles here. I am not sure what PSA offers in Europe would be interested for consumers here that are of similar socio-economic status as PSA customers in Europe.

Originally Posted by JLTD
Originally Posted by PimTac

Sittereen? Citrus? It's like it's a French word or something.

Those weren't bad at all.....

Seat-roh-en

Drove one of these from new in college. Had a nasty engine stutter in the rain that they could never figure out and at 60K miles it died from multiple-organ system failure. Pulled into a Toyota dealership with like two cylinders firing and traded it in for a sweet Echo. This car was a piece of [censored]....

. Yep, Chrysler should bspend a billion dollars tooling up a plant to make the 3 of them they would sell. They gave up on the Dart because it lost money and it was better than the Neon ever was.

Originally Posted by AC1DD
Originally Posted by KenshinHimura
So does this mean we may see a new Eagle Medallion?

Nope that's an old Renault when Chrysler bought out AMC/Jeep in the USA they had made a deal to sell Renault products like the compacts R9 (Alliance) R11 (Encore HB)
R21 (Medallion midsize sedan and wagon ) and R25 (Premier sdn) actually all of them were good designs the problem was the they modified them for the US market which made them less good.

I need to remember that PSA and Renault are not the same company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back