FF3 tabs problem HELP- no TABS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

suddenly my tab bar is gone, and all my links, bookmarks from book mark tool bar etc are opening on the same window !!!! no tabs at all!

tab mix plus also doesn't save ANY settings! every time i click my choices and close tab mix, and when i open its settings back up, ALL my clicked selections have vanished !!

I also notice that when i click selections/options in tab mix plus, the "apply" button is never active.

session manager also has a option "save tab mix plus sessions or no" and no matter what i choose there when closing FF, i get no tabs when i open it back up.

I also have "always show tab bar" clicked on tools--> options

any ideas how to get my tabs back?
I have already uninstalled and re-installed tab mix plus.

i also noticed that earlier when i got to tools, it always had "tab mix plus" under it, but now i have to go to add ons to find it.

any ideas?? thanks IA

Last edited:
ok it doesn't open any links from my yahoo emails either. (used to open in a new tab, now doesn't open at all, not even in the same window !!!)

helllp

WHAT'S GOING ON ???? I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY TABS...

even changed the theme; still no help..

ok now FF isn't even opening
frown.gif

opens only after a restart, and still no tabs

Last edited:
What operating system - anti virus/firewall program are you running?

Had a similar problem a few days ago in Windows 7 64 bit that was caused by an update to Comodo anti-virus/firewall.

XP pro; AVG free.

just windows firewall and probably one in the router.

but i changed nothing on them; just ran a malware bytes, spybot and disk fragment (auslogic) prior to this... idk if this is a coincidence or had to do with anything i ran, but i have used those programs all the time and nothing ever happened;
even if those programs changed something it still doesn't explain how it sometimes works like normal and then when i close and come back to ff then same problemm...

might have to reinstall FF3..

what's the best way to back up my profiles and then restore to it with the new install?

or should I just reinstall ? doesn't it revert to the old profile and bookmarks anyway?

Last edited:
reinsatalled; on resinstall it notified me that Tab Mix Plus was not compatible with FF 3.5 (wonder why it didn't say that before..); all seems ok now, got a different tab appl. which helps me manage tabs the way i wanted (90%).

Just have to find a new theme now, and all should be ok...
will have to install the few add-ons i previously had.

Thanks guys.

I have had issues with Firefox 3.5 both in Windows 7 64 bit with Comodo anti-virus and firewall. Firefox 3.5 refused to run.

I run Linux 64 bit versions most of the time and too have had issues with is causing problems with my video card - drivers.

On the desktop am running Windows 7 RC 64 bit and switched to using the free version of Avira Anti-Virus and the free Comodo Firewall.

On the Laptop running Vista 32 bit with the free version of Avira Anti-Virus and the free PC Tools Firewall.

Need to play a bit more with Linux and see where the problem is. Have started using Opera as a web browser now in Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back