FF 5W-30 Conv, 890mi, 2011 Tacoma 1GR-FE

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time analyzer here...I'm addicted already.

This analysis was done on the Factory Fill after running the truck for 3mo/890mi with 90% city driving and 10% highway driving.

I host my own pictures so I went ahead and posted a pic. If this is an issue, please let me know.

UOA-ReportE745452011-Tacoma-X2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Looks good. As B/S stated the bulk of that is break-in wear and will drop big time next go around.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Needless to say, seeing these results made me feel better about my decision to change the oil so early.

Thanks again!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Originally Posted By: Fink
Needless to say, seeing these results made me feel better about my decision to change the oil so early.

I have a, '11 Tacoma with the 4 cylinder, and I changed the factory oil at 600 miles on recommendation from my mechanic/friend whom I trust. He said not to go over 1000 miles. Some cars come with special break-in oil from the factory (like Honda, for one) and it is supposed to be left in longer, but apparently not Toyota. My oil filter was full of metallic looking swirls in the oil from initial break-in, and I'm glad I changed it early, too.

I still have a sample of that first oil to send to Blackstone, just haven't done it yet.

Originally Posted By: river_rat

I have a, '11 Tacoma with the 4 cylinder, and I changed the factory oil at 600 miles on recommendation from my mechanic/friend whom I trust.

I still have a sample of that first oil to send to Blackstone, just haven't done it yet.

Get it sent out. I wanna see.

I wouldn't do too many UOA's until you flush that engine out. At least 4 changes over 10k. Then they start to have a meaning and give you some clarity of what kind of engine you have. I know all this is addictive, trust me;) but save your money (at least on the UOA's for a while. The break-in process needs to take its course.

Nice truck BTW

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back