Few oils i noticed at Wal Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DIANgEMinONV
It is doubtful that they sell a lot of Mobil AP when the EP is available for about $10 cheaper. Moreover, not a lot of people believe in an idea of 20K mile oil change intervals.

I’d run it if I still drove 30k a year. And I’d need 3qt of top-off over a 20k interval... so I’d argue that I could run the cheaper EP for 20k since half the sump volume will be replaced over the OCI

Silver, I don't know what's causing your issues, but if you look at my UOAs, my last OCI was 17.2k on PUP 0W20 and the oil level did not change- at the top of the hash when put in, and at the top of the hash 17k later. Since Pennzoil doesn't share NOACK numbers anymore, I don't know if it's my engine or the Pennzoil... but maybe see if it helps your consumption out. Just give it two OCI before you make any assumptions about the consumption!
smile.gif

I’ve had the car since 30k miles and it’s always used about a quart in an oci. Wasn’t broken in properly I guess.

This had gotten up to a quart in 2k, I replaced the PCV valve and it went back down to a quart in 6k.

I’m going to see if consumption changes with M1 0w40 next OCI

Originally Posted By: car51
The CASTROL Magnatec shot up from $17.88 to $22.57
frown.gif

Still shows $17.88 here online Adam the problem being going to WM here (2 stores) they didn't have any on the shelves on Saturday all prices in the store reflected no oil sales. Except Castrol Gold bottle for $24 something a jug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back