Ferrari unveils new management team to face electrification challenge

I don't understand why it is that gas powered cars are interesting and electric are not so much. For me anyway, and it seems for others. Maybe because electric is you are buying an electric appliance on wheels versus a mechanical marvel that makes noise and requires tinkering. You have only one thing to think about with an electric motor, charge the battery.

The gas ones already had a tendency to catch fire, I can only imagine how Electrification of Ferrari will go.

If they are even still going the Turbo route.. My Ferrari will be about 30 years old. I know this. Electric Ferrari just sounds like a disaster, . (Not liked a Ferrari since the F12 really.)
Only 3 458's caught fire due to the fuel lines being to close to the exhaust. The rest were fixed. But yes an all electric Ferrari would be extremely lacking. The FXX Evo sounds bonkers

Only 3 458's caught fire due to the fuel lines being to close to the exhaust. The rest were fixed. But yes an all electric Ferrari would be extremely lacking. The FXX Evo sounds bonkers
Two of them were Rob Ferretti's, a.k.a. SuperSpeedersRob, a New Jersey/Connecticut area figure that ran Gotham Dreamcars for a while and has a super nasaly voice, may still be in the business put out 7 Super Speeders DVDs about 10 plus years ago, all of which I have?

I get it, nobody likes to blame the brand for select failures, but the Ferraris that capture my passion are few and far between, I don't even really like the 458 and 488 to be honest. Also not sure I'd ever get a Ferrari California, though people like it.

I'm sure they drive fine, McLarens are faster, I really have no interest in anything electric from Stellantis....

I don't understand why it is that gas powered cars are interesting and electric are not so much. For me anyway, and it seems for others. Maybe because electric is you are buying an electric appliance on wheels versus a mechanical marvel that makes noise and requires tinkering. You have only one thing to think about with an electric motor, charge the battery.
Could take this thread in another direction possibly, which is not my intent, but. My understanding of the situation, is, that.... the supposed energy savings from electric cars just isnt there. Such as.. diesel generators running to power electric car charging stations.

I could be wrong, but I have heard it mentioned that if the power of a hydrogen cell could be reliably harnessed, that would be amazing. From my understanding, it is not that simple for a car.

And not sure anyone takes the electric plane idea seriously, while we are on it. Maybe @Astro14 can chime in, but I have heard that the thrust and energy needed to fly the plane is simply too great. Comes down to physics.. ?

As to this thread.. I think most would agree.. an electric car finally faster than a Plaid, which is pretty darned fast, honestly, and nobody cares because it's a Ferrari. Sounds about right to me.

I'd love an Audi E-tron.... but I'm not ready to make the jump tobelectric just yet. MAYBE Hybrid.

Others, please chime in!

I think one of the appeals of a high performance ICE car is the appreciation of the mechanical elements that make up the engine, and the wonderful sound that they make. Kind of like why some people really appreciate a luxury mechanical wind watch that costs $10,000 when a Casio with a battery powered quartz movement that costs $29.95 may be more accurate and also waterproof.

Ferrari's, at least the older ones with the V12's and carburetors were high revving mechanical marvels and the sound of that powerplant was and still is part of it's appeal. The same for the normally aspirated air cooled Porsche 911's and other popular ICE sports cars.
Or the sound of an American V8 muscle car. EV's will never match that.

Europeans are very big on political correctness. And regardless if you love or hate electric vehicles, they are extremely politically correct. And I mean that strictly from a sales standpoint, not a political one.

Going "green" is a big thing. From everything from toilet paper, to how you get to the store. And in today's world perception is everything.
not really.. they face sanctions if they do not say they go "green" . Thats why every auto makers say they will phase out ice to avoid to pay penalty bills. Have to remember the germans run this party in EU... All this EV nonsens started with VW here in EU

Flat boxer 12 and sexy lines. This - and others - is what I think of when I think Ferrari.

Not electric ****
download (1).jpeg
1-2.jpg

The same reason why some people think Harleys are cool but Honda Gold Wings are not.

The problem is these coolness die with the fans as they age into nursing home. We no longer see any younger GenXers and Millenials buying Harley, they either buy Ducati / Japanese bikes or they buy EVs.

Ferrari may go that way if their rich trustfund kids are finally old enough to inherit the trust funds, younger lucky ones like YouTubers or trust fund kids are buying Lambos (despite them don't know how to drive). I wouldn't be surprised very soon there'll be some Halo EV races on the top end and Ferrari, if not having a plan, will be screwed. So they sort of have to have some EV plans. They probably should focus more on the body and the power / handling than range and durability.

The problem is these coolness die with the fans as they age into nursing home. We no longer see any younger GenXers and Millenials buying Harley, they either buy Ducati / Japanese bikes or they buy EVs.

Gen X and Millennials aren't buying ANY motorcycles in any kind of numbers. Sales are in the toilet across the board The younger generations are not interested in cars or motorcycles. Or racing venues. It's why NASCAR, NHRA, and Indy Car racing attendance is also in the toilet.

Hot Rod clubs and auto shows are becoming things of the past. Today's kids just don't care about that stuff. Many aren't even getting their drivers licenses until they're in their 20's.

Now, if a new, "Call Of Duty", or X-Box 27 comes out, they'll camp out in the cold for 3 days to be the first on their block with one.

They should go with a gas turbine And supercapacitors. Unique and perfect for hybrid super car operation.

I'm really surprised they haven't. Turbine engines would be perfect for these super cars. Cost is no object. They're already developed and built. They produce tons of power. And who cares about fuel economy with these things anyway?

The unlimited hydroplane guys caught on to these turbine power plants decades ago.

Exactly.

Teslas are known as electric cars. Ferraris are not.

Let Tesla produce a Flat 12....
Tesla has no interest in building legacy cars. They are building groundbreaking cars. Ferrari knows they have to get moving.
How many Ferraris do the qtr in 9 seconds? Tesla builds a family sedan that does just that.
If and when the Roadster 2 comes out, it will be the fastest car in the world.
Tesla Roadster.jpg

Last edited:
No one questions, or doubts that a Tesla is fast. There just isn't another vehicle on the road that can make speed so boring...... And isn't that a Ferrari parked next to it? Even Tesla thinks it's good company.

Back