Ferrari/Maserati Purflux LS928A Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the factory installed filter that came with the car. Sediment and scarring due to being cut open with a wheel. Wasn't looking for anything but filter design info since this was an engine on break-in anyway.

The usual Purflux zig-zag design, with a dome end bypass protected by a screen. Also included pictures of a brand new filter. The difference between the Ferrari and Maserati version is the Maserati comes sealed in a bag, with a plastic cover over the base. Why? They test the filters before packing. The Maserati filters are wet with oil. About an ounce was still left in it.

Oddly, this filter uses exactly no ADBV at all.

IMG_20181229_182527.jpg

IMG_20181229_182540.jpg

IMG_20181229_182559.jpg

IMG_20181229_182611.jpg

IMG_20181229_182742.jpg

IMG_20181229_182825.jpg

IMG_20181229_182844.jpg

Well, Purflux caters mostly to the Euro market. The ones that recommend 10k+ mile oil changes. This car does not wait that long before OLM demands it be changed, and I'm sticking to it while it has a warranty.

I suspect it may be related to flow as well. These engine are supposed to move a lot of oil.

Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
Well, Purflux caters mostly to the Euro market. The ones that recommend 10k+ mile oil changes. This car does not wait that long before OLM demands it be changed, and I'm sticking to it while it has a warranty.

I suspect it may be related to flow as well. These engine are supposed to move a lot of oil.

Yeah -- with more surface area, you can use a finer filter medium without an unacceptable pressure drop, right?

Thanks. I like them too.
wink.gif

Yes, theoretically the media can be finer while still maintaining large flow. I really can find no data on this filter, so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back