Fender emblem do-dads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people put these silly looking things on their fenders?Sure,they are so suppose to look good on Buicks because they are the originators of them.I saw an 07 BMW 750 with those silly things on its fenders!I just shook my head in disbelief!Next thing you know curve feelers are going to make a comeback!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Why do people put these silly looking things on their fenders?Sure,they are so suppose to look good on Buicks because they are the originators of them.I saw an 07 BMW 750 with those silly things on its fenders!I just shook my head in disbelief!Next thing you know curve feelers are going to make a comeback!
crackmeup2.gif

You mean the the portholes on a Buick? Those are a classic design feature, not exclusive to Buick, really. Gills, like some BMWs have them, are also classic. Those things are usually retro-design elements. If those portholes and gills are part of the original design they often look fine or even good, in my opinion. Slapped on fake openings are cheesy.

By the way, the "curve feelers," are curb feelers.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: StevieC
What do-dads?

You know,those chrome circles,ovals,squares.....they are usually in 3s,that stick to the fenders.
Oh... I see now... Yeah that would look stupid on other cars.
37.gif

Man that looks like absolute and total s**t when people do stuff like that to their cars. I passed by this ghetto rig on the highway the other night. It was a sedan that had these ***** "rims" and rubberband tires on it. The "rims" had these spike things sticking out of the center hubs that stuck out a couple of feet! I was like,W/T/F? It was jacked up so high it looked like he had 4x4 truck envy or something,haha! I thought for a minute I was watching a classic episode of Saturday Night Live! Cars like that are just plain comedic! Oh yeah,it had those vents on the side too!

Last edited:
Oh geesh. I see those things on everything around here. From Hyundais to Camrys to Mercs. So obnoxious. It's the gold crown air freshner of this era.

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
I had a 2004 PT Cruiser and had the oval port holes on it.... I thought they looked good on that car...

Did they increase your gas mileage or make more horsepower?
crackmeup2.gif

It's funny how all of these usually cheap personalizing fads come and go. I recall...the whole ricer movement, small tires that stuck way out from body (broke wheel bearings and hubs; ended that fad fast), horizontal pinstripes on tail lights, front fender mounted turn signals (for that JDM, Euro look), spinners...on and on. Now it's fender mounted fake louvers and the dumbest and most dangerous things to hit the street in a long time...DONKS.

Do they have turbo-envy? Thinking,hey dawg,I can get kewl-aire to my engine and it`ll go faster,hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back