Fel-Pro PermaDryPlus t-stat gasket and 2-EHA?

6D66E739-8271-4301-9AF3-6C2B671EF96E.jpeg

Got this in, the construction is plastic and silicone - like the GM IMGs that get attacked by Dex-Cool. Will this seal up and standup to 2-EHA found in Dex-Cool/Clone and Prestone or should I go old-school paper and High Tack?

Personally, I'd flush any coolant containing 2-eha out and use something that doesn't contain the cheap byproduct 2-eha.

Peak 10x, and many of the other peak AMAM products specifically say 2-eha free. Go that route, and sleep better.

Personally, I'd flush any coolant containing 2-eha out and use something that doesn't contain the cheap byproduct 2-eha.

Peak 10x, and many of the other peak AMAM products specifically say 2-eha free. Go that route, and sleep better.
If I did the future servicing on this truck, I’d stick to G-05. Quick lubes use AMAMs.

Never used Peak 10X, but now that all the Prestone’s used up, except for what’s in 3 cars, I’m gonna start phasing in 10X or Final Charge/Prestone Command Cor-Guard, which has no 2-EHA. But then again, if Toyota’s sebacate-based SLLC destroys silicone and is hypothesized for the water pump leaks on newer engines, Prestone can’t be much worse.

Is this for a Ford Vulcan 3.0 by any chance? I had the choice of using this gasket or a standard paper one but I noticed with this one, the way it would mate up to the housing surface...there was a raised ridge on the housing of which elastomer would have to be lined up perfectly for it to not leak. Maybe I am overthinking it but I went with the standard paper gasket instead. With the paper, there was a slight leak for a few days then stopped, of which I'm guessing is due to the fiber material expanding and settling for a bit.

Is this for a Ford Vulcan 3.0 by any chance? I had the choice of using this gasket or a standard paper one but I noticed with this one, the way it would mate up to the housing surface...there was a raised ridge on the housing of which elastomer would have to be lined up perfectly for it to not leak. Maybe I am overthinking it but I went with the standard paper gasket instead. With the paper, there was a slight leak for a few days then stopped, of which I'm guessing is due to the fiber material expanding and settling for a bit.
Yep - it was for a Vulcan. We ordered a paper gasket but it was MIA from Rock. Amazon had this for $3 - less than the local parts store and shipped overnight.

Back