Feel good story(I do) about Profiteers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a travel soap container too Shannow...

Works very well : )

I typically purposely shop at other stores vs Walmart... Knowing that I may well be paying more... I don't care.... I want to just go elsewhere... Because those stores are just better places to shop. And they don't have a ridiculous pay system that Wally world has....

I am not against govt.... It is a obvious necessity.

But like life... It is all about having a proper balance...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Shannow
bbhero,
I started carrying around a snack sized ziplok bag with a bar of soap in it...first wash the taps, then lather up, put the soap back into the bag, wash it, on the outside, dry and repocket.

That's actually a good idea! ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
bbhero,
I started carrying around a snack sized ziplok bag with a bar of soap in it...first wash the taps, then lather up, put the soap back into the bag, wash it, on the outside, dry and repocket.

That's actually a good idea! ðŸ‘

ðŸ‘

I also messaged my estranged kids with the ideas...and that hand sanitiser is sold out, but the shelves are full of mouthwash...who cares about minty fresh hands and keyboards ?

I didn't think about the mouthwash either..I bet Listerine has a fair amount of alcohol in it. That stuff burns the heck out of my mouth.

On a different note, sorry to hear things haven't gotten better on the kids front. I feel for ya brother. My ex and I separated when our 2 kids were young and it's been nothing but a PITA to get time with them ever since, though it has gotten better now that they're teenagers and can voice what they want to do.. like come see Dad. Maybe that's something to look forward to.. stay strong.💪.. and always good to hear from ya Shannow.

I use bar soap washing hands … just like it. Thought about the mouthwash … don't need to yet.
Folks could probably refill hand soap pumps with liquid shower soap.

I checked a bottle of Listerine, it's 26.9% alcohol. You need to be over 60%. Many hand sanitizers out there are anywhere from 62-75% alcohol. If you use pure alcohol like a 70% bottle of isopropyl, it will probably kill your hands which is why most hand sanitizer is mixed in with aloe.

Don't give up though, stores continue to restock, actually found a thermometer a few days ago. Asked a store employee where they were and he said oh yeah over there, went to show me and said we got plenty of them. There was just one, he said he had just put out 15 of them. Just have to keep checking. Brickseeker even claims there's some hand sanitizer at Walmart. But probably because they're closed, probably gone once they open.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=574961715

Originally Posted by Wolf359
I didn't think about the mouthwash either..I bet Listerine has a fair amount of alcohol in it. That stuff burns the heck out of my mouth.

I checked a bottle of Listerine, it's 26.9% alcohol. You need to be over 60%. Many hand sanitizers out there are anywhere from 62-75% alcohol. If you use pure alcohol like a 70% bottle of isopropyl, it will probably kill your hands which is why most hand sanitizer is mixed in with aloe.

Don't give up though, stores continue to restock, actually found a thermometer a few days ago. Asked a store employee where they were and he said oh yeah over there, went to show me and said we got plenty of them. There was just one, he said he had just put out 15 of them. Just have to keep checking. Brickseeker even claims there's some hand sanitizer at Walmart. But probably because they're closed, probably gone once they open.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=574961715

Dunno what else is in them, but killing 99.9% of "germs" sounds impressive...

On a different note, sorry to hear things haven't gotten better on the kids front. I feel for ya brother. My ex and I separated when our 2 kids were young and it's been nothing but a PITA to get time with them ever since, though it has gotten better now that they're teenagers and can voice what they want to do.. like come see Dad. Maybe that's something to look forward to.. stay strong.💪.. and always good to hear from ya Shannow.

Daughter is 17, son turned 15 toady...not getting better...mother has 767 reasons (per week) for me not to have access to the kids....at least I paid for the PS4 and "bunch of games" that Mum gave him today....I'm financing, and she's running a frat house for teenagers (including herself)

Daughter is 17, son turned 15 toady...not getting better...mother has 767 reasons (per week) for me not to have access to the kids....at least I paid for the PS4 and "bunch of games" that Mum gave him today....I'm financing, and she's running a frat house for teenagers (including herself)

Sounds familiar.. funding 2 households, still am.

Originally Posted by bbhero

You want to talk about more supplies... Look at that failed system in the Warsaw Pact vs the west.... Our country that actually had stores filled with food and supplies... All during the cold war period.

MODS, not political, just relaying some inside history:
-most smaller countries, HAD to send a lot to USSR
-whatever was left was sold to the West/Arab countries
-also hard to do optimized agriculture production + good/optimal use of earth if production is planned by career communist planners that never worked a day either in agriculture or industry
-also hard to do agriculture/grocery supplies, when you move most of the specialized population into the new industrial areas ('60s-'80s)

P.S. when Texas instruments released their products catalog, for the next month it was tech-p04n at all the tech research institutes

No politics here, just simpleton economics...

If these guys had been hoarding supplies in WWII, they'd of been imprisoned. Probably samething in the Cold War depending on what they were buying up...

I blame stores for allowing these shortages that made these people possible. Put a limit on items so all get a fair shot.

Originally Posted by ZZman
I blame stores for allowing these shortages that made these people possible. Put a limit on items so all get a fair shot.

He was ahead of the curve. I guess you'd have to have standing orders not to sell more than a certain amount to people. He got them all before people realized they needed to stock up.

Anyway the only good thing is that I searched around at home and found a bunch of bottles of sanitizer in various places. Always tend to get them as freebies so they get tossed all over the place. Should be enough for a few months. Most of the major stores still seem to be wiped out of TP, but I went into Ocean state job lot and they had plenty. They had a lot of that horrible Scott 1000 sheet roll and had a limit of 2 so they probably won't sell out of that stuff. A bunch of normal TP also.

I don't use hand sanitzer that often even though I have multiples on hand. I just scrub my hands like a surgeon on M*A*S*H with soap...

Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger
I don't use hand sanitzer that often even though I have multiples on hand. I just scrub my hands like a surgeon on M*A*S*H with soap...

Never really used it, soap is better. But I was just out and about, you touch door handles, pick things off the shelf, handle cash, even if you use a credit card, you still have to press yes on the screen. In those situations, there's no soap and no washing up so I have a small bottle of it in my coat pocket and I do it right afterwards before getting in the car. With everyone working from home, traffic is very light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back