Feel Good Christmas Movies

Die Hard, Christmas Vacation, and 'A Christmas Story'. The last one is a personal favorite of mine since I grew up with a grandfather that was just about spot on for the dad in that movie.
I used to work night shift, as an electronic tech at big telecom-manufacturing plant here, and the fellow I was paired with, let's call him "Len", and I had lots of time to talk. At break we would tell each other true tales of our very different, but equally weird, childhoods. I didn't have a TV, so one afternoon Len phones me and says "Get yet butt over here ASAP - they made a movie about your childhood, and it's on TV!". Yes, it was A Christmas Story, and yes, it was very relatable.

The Christmas Dragon.
I'll give you one guess who winds up pulling Santa's sleigh.

"A group of orphans travel to the North in search of Father Christmas and try to help save Christmas with the help of a young dragon, a mysterious warrior and a beautiful elf."

The kids become orphans when their parents are killed off in the first scene.
Surprisingly, people will probably want to skip over those first five minutes because it's too real and dramatic for what is otherwise a family/kids movie.

Actually a Thanksgiving movie IIRC; Regardless, a great holiday movie. Gotta love the car rental counter scene.

Yeah I LMAOed at most of that movie. I would love to watch it again.

Always made me laugh how John Candy (another tragic tale) was this big fat guy in the back of a Ryder or U-haul van... that movie was mostly good lol.

Rudolph.jpg

Two very different, and somewhat recent, takes on Christmas movies:

Prep & Landing - a short flick about the team of elite elves that prep Santa’s LZs.

Arthur Christmas - About Santa’s son and the Christmas Spirit.

Both are animated and are very enjoyable.

I have the spirit of Christmas already. Thanksgiving is kind of a "meh" borderline depressing holiday, where I am home alone. Could be worse. And I do wish everyone Happy Thanksgiving.

I am a Christmas guy myself.

Now if only to make Christmas last all year...

Planes, trains and automobiles with John Candy and Steve Martin. Who cares if it’s about thanksgiving. Or, DIE HARD

I am so happy you said this. I actually forgot..I'm getting old.

Die Hard is the best Christmas movie of all time.

Yippie-Kiii-a...

Back