Fedor is The Man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

This guy fights way beyond his size and appearance.

At 33, he can't possibly keep this up for too much longer...can he?

fedorvbear.jpg

grin2.gif

I would love to watch Fedor get slaughtered by Lesnar. He had a chance to come to the UFC to fight upper echelon heavyweights, and IMO he chickened out to preserve his record/legacy.

I was not that impressed to be honest. I have seen him in better shape and with much much better defense than what he did last night. It was impressive that he figured out Rogers punch timing in one round and threw that bomb that KO'd him perfectly! I think that if he came to the UFC in the shape he was last night, that win streak would be over mighty quickly.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
I was not that impressed to be honest. I have seen him in better shape and with much much better defense than what he did last night. It was impressive that he figured out Rogers punch timing in one round and threw that bomb that KO'd him perfectly! I think that if he came to the UFC in the shape he was last night, that win streak would be over mighty quickly.

I have to 100% agree! When he stepped into the cage, my first thought was "this guys drinking more Budweisers then I have been".

He was TOTALLY out of shape. If he'd have fought Lesnar I think he would have had his face smashed in with about 10 big punches, just like Frank Mir experienced.

Last edited:
Fedor might have a broken hand in addition to his broken nose from that fight. One of the things that I admire about any professional fighter is their ability to tolerate pain like that. If it was me, and I got my nose broken by a punch, I'd be crying like a little girl. Fedor didn't even blink.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

I have to 100% agree! When he stepped into the cage, my first thought was "this guys drinking more Budweisers then I have been".

He was TOTALLY out of shape. If he'd have fought Lesnar I think he would have had his face smashed in with about 10 big punches, just like Frank Mir experienced.

As always you're a little off.

Judging a fighter's conditioning by his bodyfat level is not smart. It means absolutely nothing.

Pick any bodybuilder and throw them in the ring and I guarantee they wouldn't be able to hold their hands up 30 seconds into the first round.

The guy he fought was Lesnar's size.

It was obvious to everyone in the room with me Fedor was waiting for the big shot, nothing more. He could've submitted Rogers at will on the ground.

It's the same with Dan Henderson and Michael Bisping. The UK guys said Bisping was winning with more points. In reality Dan was just setting him up the entire time for the KO. He may have lost a few points but it was worth it. Unfortunately everyone is not able to recognize that.

I saw that fight was well. I thought it was over when Fedor was being pummeled on the ground, but somehow he got up and out of it. I think he had to hit him with a huge blow like that because if that big opponent got a hold of him it wouldn've been over. Fedors opponent was much bigger and stronger than he was, and if he upped his endurance he would've taken Fedor out in one round. If there is a rematch Fedor better tune up because his opponent is hungry, angry and going to be even better next time around.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
I would love to watch Fedor get slaughtered by Lesnar. He had a chance to come to the UFC to fight upper echelon heavyweights, and IMO he chickened out to preserve his record/legacy.

Fedor doesnt have the balls to face Lesnar.I agree,it'd be funny as [censored] to see Fedor get even uglier from Brock's fists hitting him until he's out like a light.

Fedor was a fat,out of shape fighter last night,not the athlete some make him out to be at all.

Originally Posted By: BuickGN

Judging a fighter's conditioning by his bodyfat level is not smart. It means absolutely nothing.

Pick any bodybuilder and throw them in the ring and I guarantee they wouldn't be able to hold their hands up 30 seconds into the first round.

It was obvious to everyone in the room with me Fedor was waiting for the big shot, nothing more. He could've submitted Rogers at will on the ground.

It's the same with Dan Henderson and Michael Bisping. The UK guys said Bisping was winning with more points. In reality Dan was just setting him up the entire time for the KO. He may have lost a few points but it was worth it. Unfortunately everyone is not able to recognize that.

BLA BLA BLA.

Pretty much every journalist who covers MMA's first thought on Fedor last night was that he looked over weight and out of shape COMPARED to other fights. He was gassed early and breathing heavily from his mouth which was uncharacteristic.

As usual, you're comparing apples to watermelons, just like your comparisons of thick oil vs. thin oil in a 600 turbocharged drag engine compared to a soccer moms mini van.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DragRace

Fedor was a fat,out of shape fighter last night,not the athlete some make him out to be at all.

You are wrong according to the almighty know it all BuickGN. He's an expert on all things MMA.

By the way Buick, how's your boy Rampage doing on the Next Ultimate Fighter? Ok, ok, he got 1 win...
crackmeup2.gif

You are wrong according to the almighty know it all BuickGN. He's an expert on all things MMA.

By the way Buick, how's your boy Rampage doing on the Next Ultimate Fighter? Ok, ok, he got 1 win...
crackmeup2.gif

Way to take this back to the first grade. My dad will beat up your dad, there's an argument you can understand.

Originally Posted By: BuickGN

BLA BLA BLA.

Pretty much every journalist who covers MMA's first thought on Fedor last night was that he looked over weight and out of shape COMPARED to other fights. He was gassed early and breathing heavily from his mouth which was uncharacteristic.

As usual, you're comparing apples to watermelons, just like your comparisons of thick oil vs. thin oil in a 600 turbocharged drag engine compared to a soccer moms mini van.

Your ignorance is legendary. Go and get your nose broken and see which hole is easier to breath out of.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT

Fedor doesnt have the balls to face Lesnar.I agree,it'd be funny as [censored] to see Fedor get even uglier from Brock's fists hitting him until he's out like a light.

He seemed a little slow last night. But keep in mind his nose was broken in the first few seconds. That takes a lot of the wind out of your sails.

However, I think he can beat Lesnar at the moment. Give Lesnar another year to progress and I think Fedor has little hope.

Fedor isn't HUMAN.

One time I thought I saw him crack a smile... but it was probably just something in his teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back