[FCA] Vehicle Health Reports via email

Those of you with late model FCA vehicles, do you receive Vehicle Health Reports on a monthly basis via email? Is the ability to receive these emails linked to your Sirius XM subscription?

The reason I ask is that I was receiving these reports initially, and then they stopped coming. I was told by FCA that it's because my 1-year free subscription to Sirius XM Guardian has expired. OK, fine. Fast forward 6 months, and all of a sudden another VHR showed up in my email, even though I never renewed the subscription. This happened right after I visited a dealership for some routine maintenance. Go figure...

Originally Posted by xxch4osxx
Never heard about that. Maybe my 2015 is too old for the feature.

Not sure if this is available in Canada. Do you have an account on mopar? https://www.mopar.com/en-us/sign-in.html

Create an account and add your vehicle, and see if you can find the report there.

Alas, I don't know if your specific vehicle has the necessary connectivity in place to gather and upload these reports.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by xxch4osxx
Never heard about that. Maybe my 2015 is too old for the feature.

Not sure if this is available in Canada. Do you have an account on mopar? https://www.mopar.com/en-us/sign-in.html

Create an account and add your vehicle, and see if you can find the report there.

Alas, I don't know if your specific vehicle has the necessary connectivity in place to gather and upload these reports.

No, I don't have an account on Mopar, never got around to getting one. I will have to look into this!

Yes, Sirius XM Guardian is available in Canada and I have it active on my 2019 JGC.
Won't be renewing after the 1 year trial.
Nothing in the report I can't get from looking at my dash.
As for the remote start via app, the key fob remote start works just fine.

Originally Posted by Danno
Nothing in the report I can't get from looking at my dash.

Yup. That is why I am not renewing mine either. $20/month is crazy talk.

I got two emails and two text messages when they removed the tires from the wheels on my Silverado. I was sitting in Discount tire watching them pull the wheels off and my phone started blowing up.
lol.gif

Yeah, it's tied to the Sirius subscription IIRC, I currently get them for both vehicles but I recall I stopped getting them on my 2016 once I cancelled the Sirius on it.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Yeah, it's tied to the Sirius subscription IIRC,

My subscription expired a year ago, so I'm a bit puzzled why I just received a VHR email after many months of nothing.

That's a little disconcerting, cars shouldn't snitch. Next thing you know car manufacturers will start programming their vehicles to automatically drive to the dealership at the end of the lease when the primary owner/occupant is detected by bio-metrics and then HAL9000 them inside until they sign for a new car.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Yeah, it's tied to the Sirius subscription IIRC,

My subscription expired a year ago, so I'm a bit puzzled why I just received a VHR email after many months of nothing.

I think they turn it on every once in a while trying to get you back onto it IIRC.

Mine expires in August and may not renew (depends if I lose remote start), but with all things Sirius, you just have to strong arm them and you typically get a good deal.

Yeah the lady at OnStar seemed a bit perplexed by a ATF condition request. "Everything is fine!" she gushed.

Carlos Ghosn advised opting out.

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
Mine expires in August and may not renew (depends if I lose remote start), but with all things Sirius, you just have to strong arm them and you typically get a good deal.

What is considered a good deal?

For me personally, all the functions of Sirius XM Guardian aren't even worth a dollar per month.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD

What is considered a good deal?

For me personally, all the functions of Sirius XM Guardian aren't even worth a dollar per month.
smile.gif

I pay $50 per year for XM Radio, I have not checked to see if I will lose the remote start capability by dropping Guardian and if I do then I'll fight to get the price reduced if I don't I will not worry about it.

Back