FCA Salesperson's Employee Discount Scam Cost The Company $8.7m

I guarantee you that the manager of the dealer and the potentially the owner are being looked at as co-conspirators. The dealership should have its franchise revoked. In any case the whole "employee discount" program needs to die as it is routinely abused. I'm sure many of you know someone who received one of these discounts from a non-relative.

Interesting. When I bought my current FCA vehicle 8 years ago, the dealer had to invoke one of their employee's family discount to meet my purchase offer. I didn't have any idea that it might be wrong. I simply thought that each employee was allotted a certain number of discounts that they could use at their discretion. I now fear the FBI showing up at my front door.

Interesting. When I bought my current FCA vehicle 8 years ago, the dealer had to invoke one of their employee's family discount to meet my purchase offer. I didn't have any idea that it might be wrong. I simply thought that each employee was allotted a certain number of discounts that they could use at their discretion. I now fear the FBI showing up at my front door.
Who knows if what they said was true. You have plausible deniability.

Please PM me your address, I'll send Fox Mulder your way, my dude.

When I bought my Saab back in '06 the sales guy was so hungry for a sale that he offered me an overseas diplomat discount. I told him I didn't have a diplomatic passport but he just asked me to send a copy of my PP showing that I had been out of the country in the last ten years. I did and he pushed the discount through. It was 'uge.

Always thought that was pretty shady but in my favor.

1620306715970.jpg

True or not it's a brilliant marketing twist.

I guarantee you that the manager of the dealer and the potentially the owner are being looked at as co-conspirators. The dealership should have its franchise revoked. In any case the whole "employee discount" program needs to die as it is routinely abused. I'm sure many of you know someone who received one of these discounts from a non-relative.

No way this guy did this alone or was able to hide it - F&I guy signed off on every deal as did the manager of the franchise and Chrysler who kept shipping cars knew the deal as well.

Remember when they used to offer employee pricing for everyone? :unsure:

Chrysler cars are so terrible that they have to use steep discounts to sell them at all :D

Toyota and Honda have no problem selling their cars at full price :rolleyes:

Do it once or twice…maybe you’ll be ok. Do it all the time for years? It can’t just be about money at that point even if it started out that way. Years later and after $700k part of it must be the thrill of feeling like you’re screwing over the company and not getting caught. People are funny…and twisted.

Back