FCA Emissions recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no real issue, just a little bit higher emissions than the EPA wants based on new reporting guidelines? If I owned one that was running fine I would not get this recall done.

Originally Posted by wallyuwl
So no real issue, just a little bit higher emissions than the EPA wants based on new reporting guidelines? If I owned one that was running fine I would not get this recall done.

But you will have chance to get free catalytic converters! ...¬...„

If I owned one of these cars, I would bring it in just to cost them money. FCA can go to [censored]. Sell the Jeep and Dodge divisions and garbage the rest.

Last edited:

May not have a choice in a CARB compliance state?

I guarantee that the Catalyst Efficiency threshold will be changed in the PCM calibration.....Hence the reason for replacing the Catalyst.
Will these new catalyst be covered for 80,000/8 years like a new car?....I doubt it.
How much will they cost a owner out-of-pocket compared to the catalyst that's already on the car?....What's to stop FCA from inflating the retail cost 200%?

Nothing is FREE!

Originally Posted by s2krunner

no, they will change software to bring it back into compliance, they are not changing cats

VNTS must be different for you down south on what is allowed. Here they are changing catalytic converters as my mum had to schedule an appointment and parts needed to be ordered.

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
If I owned one of these cars, I would bring it in just to cost them money. FCA can go to [censored]. Sell the Jeep and Dodge divisions and garbage the rest.

But, what about RAM? Everyone loves the RAM trucks!!! LoL

Originally Posted by VNTS
Originally Posted by s2krunner

no, they will change software to bring it back into compliance, they are not changing cats

Just got this today. New cat and new software.

D49B6AB6-8F75-41FB-AB48-D135DF23C212.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back