favorite vitamins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if you mean what brand, or what different vitamins.

Nature made is my brand of choice

Thompson's Omega 3 Salmon Oil 1000 morning and night, Blackmores sustained release Multi Vitamins & Minerals and Blackmores Antioxidant Bio Ace Excell each morning.

Puritan has been a source for most of my individual vitamin/mineral needs. They're always on sale.
Lately, Wal-mart has been fairly price competitive with Puritan.

Kirkland (Costco) Multivites give me a real gut ache (no joke - I've heard others say the same.) The nice thing is you can break them in two, and save money plus not get the gutache.

I honestly function the same with and without vitamins - but I'm pretty rigorous about eating good food.

Pablo,

They give me a gut-ache, too, but every multi-vitamin I've taken has done this. I've just come to accept it as a necessary evil.

Why would you split the vitamins in half? Wouldn't that mean you're only getting half the ingredients per dose?

I get rotgut too if I take two of those Twinlab Dualtabs on an empty stomach so I always take them with food. If you want serious rotgut, try eating a clove of garlic if you're not used to it. Yikes!

Stay away from GNC multi vitamins.

They smell like dog pooo and they will give you an upset stomach. Plus they are very expensive.

My brother left a bottle at my house and I tried them for a week. I think I would have less stomach pain if I drank sewer water from a 3rd world country.
spaz.gif

The only ones that ever upset my stomach, and I've got a delicate stomach, were these mega-packs from Sam's Club. About 1000% of your daily requirements and I'd get all flushed when I took them. Found out later that was from all the niacin. If I broke them up and took 3 then in an hour or two the other 3, then I was okay.

quote:

Originally posted by porcupine73:
If you want serious rotgut, try eating a clove of garlic if you're not used to it. Yikes!

LOL i just did that a few days ago
lol.gif

It wasn't a pleasant experience. Now i make sure to eat them with food

Does it hurt your stomach even if you take them with food? I tried cvs brand multivitamins and those gave me a pretty bad stomach ache

I think the vitamins that upset the tummies contain too much of something, maybe zinc or iron.
I take Nature Made multi's or One-a-Day, or Centrum, or whatever for a multi, then two or three 1200 mg fish oil caps-also Nature Made, and sometimes an extra B-complex, and potassium if I'm running and/or sweating a lot.

I take these all from Sam's: 1000 mg Omega 3, horse tablet size daily vitamin and 1200mg of Glucosomine for my back.

Did a LOT of Web peeking regarding glucosamine.

Unlike many supplements, I did not find any 100-percent "No, the stuff is phony" comments.

I did read that the research is inconclusive but that some folks may benefit to a certain extent from the stuff.

No apparent adverse affects to speak of. Of course, mega-doses of anything can be bad!!!! Even vitamins proven good for you can cause severe, even deadly problems, if too much is ingested for too long.

I believe vitamin E was one of the dangerous ones if way too much is thrown down the throat.

Wouldn't hurt to try the stuff. If I remember right, not all brands are created equal with some brands containing more of the active ingredient.

Might behoove you to search the Web for the full story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back