Favorite tequila?

Anyone here like tequila? I don't know much about it, but I love it! Last weekend when we all went out, the dj there is a friend of ours, and he was giving us all tequila shots. I bought a bottle today, so many to choose from, so I bought some Agavales Gold 100% de agave. I saw some that was several hundred dollars!

This is what i buy regularly.
eljimane.jpg

Can't do tequila. Last time I drank it in large quantities, I started a bar fight... I'm good.

Welcome to the world of Tequila! For the best smooth tequila for the money, I like Corralejo Reposado. Typically around $27/750 ml. That is my baseline. I am working on a bottle of Herradura Anejo that was about $45 for 750 mL.
Once you get past the Jose Cuervo lower tiered tequila, it is hard to go back.

Reposado's are tequilas that have aged for 6 months. Añejo is tequila that has aged for a year.

For some reason, I have found that I like Corralejo Reposado better than Corralejo Añejo.

Just to keep my education going, I usually buy different brands to compare with my favorites. I am always searching for my next flavor.

I hope you find this helpful. I just happened to be working on a shot of Herradura Añejo now.

I usually do Scotch (Buchanan's) but they were out of it.

Anyone here ever mix drinks with ever clear?
Welcome to the world of Tequila! For the best smooth tequila for the money, I like Corralejo Reposado. Typically around $27/750 ml. That is my baseline. I am working on a bottle of Herradura Anejo that was about $45 for 750 mL.
Once you get past the Jose Cuervo lower tiered tequila, it is hard to go back.

Reposado's are tequilas that have aged for 6 months. Añejo is tequila that has aged for a year.

For some reason, I have found that I like Corralejo Reposado better than Corralejo Añejo.

Just to keep my education going, I usually buy different brands to compare with my favorites. I am always searching for my next flavor.

I hope you find this helpful. I just happened to be working on a shot of Herradura Añejo now.
Yeah Jose Cuervo imo is the Bud Light of tequilas. I see the Correlejo on Specs website for $39. That's a good price!

Are you generally safe as long as it's 100% agave? Jose Cuervo isn't. Bottle says it's a blend.

We used to make PJ... Use either Everclear or Moonshine (not that store bought stuff either). Get a cooler, fill it with chopped up fruits, mix in liquor and sprite or equivalent...

We used to make PJ... Use either Everclear or Moonshine (not that store bought stuff either). Get a cooler, fill it with chopped up fruits, mix in liquor and sprite or equivalent...
I was just about to ask if anyone here uses Everclear to mix with drinks. I was going to buy a bottle along with the tequila, but I forgot it.

I usually do Scotch (Buchanan's) but they were out of it.

Anyone here ever mix drinks with ever clear?

Yeah Jose Cuervo imo is the Bud Light of tequilas. I see the Correlejo on Specs website for $39. That's a good price!

Are you generally safe as long as it's 100% agave? Jose Cuervo isn't. Bottle says it's a blend.
aquariuscsm, I don't know the answer to your question. I thought all tequila was 100% agave? It looks like I have homework to do..

I was just about to ask if anyone here uses Everclear to mix with drinks. I was going to buy a bottle along with the tequila, but I forgot it.
It tastes to horrible otherwise. We used to be able to get it at 95%, 190 proof... Then the state went and got involved and lowered the max proof allowed down to like 151, because kids were getting to messed up.

RIAZUL TEQUILA AÑEJO​

It is a very smooth sipping tequila that doesn't need any help. This tequila is easily the best that I have ever had. It is very expensive but worth it. They sell it at Specs.

Last edited:
It tastes to horrible otherwise. We used to be able to get it at 95%, 190 proof... Then the state went and got involved and lowered the max proof allowed down to like 151, because kids were getting to messed up.
Specs here has the 190 proof one. I'll have to go get some (y)

Don Julio 70 for a more interesting sipping tequila. I find it has a bit of a vanilla note to it, so if that's not your thing this is the wrong one.

Clase Azul for a more traditional straight shot.

Patron Silver with ice and a heavy squeeze of lime for something more refreshing I can nurse for a while - although it usually disappears faster than intended.

Back