Favorite Oil For Hinda Push Mowers ?

I just use what ever left over 5W30 synthetic D1 / Gen 2 SN+ motor oil I use in my vehicle oil changes - thinking about moving up to dedicated synthetic 10W30 as I am not mowing in weather colder than 55 degrees F. What do you like to use and why ?

I use 5w30 synthetic in pull start walk behind … and 10w30 HDEO in lawn tractor …

Honda push mower with GF160. It was a freebie for me. Previous owner never maintained it. I have been using it for 2 years.
Rotella T6 5w40 (for now).
It is close enough to the Xw30 spec-ed in the manual and the leftovers in the bottle can be used to top off almost anything in the garage.

If you already have 5W-30, why not use it? No reason to buy anything else.
I turn all my empty vehicle oil change bottles upside down into a drip bottle. It has drippings of 0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30 & 10W-40. I put that in the Honda GC160 lawn mower and top up with 10W-30. Mower has been running great for 12 years now!

I use M1 10w-30 High Mileage or Rotella T6 5w-40 in all of my OPE, save for the snow blower. All of my Honda motors get the 10w-30.

Just about any oil that is clean and full.

All failures I have seen with my eyes, and not read about online, were all caused by low oil level, lack of oil changes, or a missing air filter. Never because of an oil quality issue.

Now when we talk about certain larger horsepower vintage engines with steep camshaft profiles, we may need to revisit, but with Honda, all that matters is clean and full. And yes, any small engines can consume oil and not be smoking out the muffler, hence keeping it full.

I just use what ever left over 5W30 synthetic D1 / Gen 2 SN+ motor oil I use in my vehicle oil changes - thinking about moving up to dedicated synthetic 10W30 as I am not mowing in weather colder than 55 degrees F. What do you like to use and why ?
*OP here : Meant to say Honda not Hinda ...

I use M1 10w-30 High Mileage or Rotella T6 5w-40 in all of my OPE, save for the snow blower. All of my Honda motors get the 10w-30.
*This would sound like a good oil to use : M1 High Mileage has a great ad pack ... I previously used what ever extra 5W30 synthetic I had left over from a vehicle that didn't quite use the full 5 quart bottle . I believe my Honda GC190 uses approx. 13 oz. for an oil drain and fill .

I use Mobil 1 10-30 in both my Honda mowers and both my generators. Working fine !

Back