Favorite Long Storage Lube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget a small bag of dessicant and a looooong foodsaver bag. That's where my Remington 1100 has been for the last 10 years.

After reading this thread, I had to go take a look at my great grandfathers Winchester 1890 & 1892 rifles that I had inherited about 20 years ago from my father. I cleaned, oiled and dryed them about 20 years ago and just put them up on my wall rack. I also have my Browning Automatic shotgun hung up there also and really, none of them look any worse for wear, other than a heavy coat of dust.

I know this is not ideal storage for a collector gun, but for weapons that were used and cared for and then cleaned and hung on the wall, they really don't look that bad.

I have a few other guns in padded gun bags, including my dad's Browning, which I might take a peek at shortly.

I had no idea the "oilguy" had such an active weapon forum.

Thanks for the heads up and I guess it's time to do the 20 year cleaning of my small armory.

Corrosion X is likely the fastest when applied with the spray can. It works wonders here in FL. It is also easy to remove, and does not stain.

It is a product designed to prevent corrosion, and it works very well indeed.

AV30 is a modern cosmoline that seeps into tight areas then thickens up. It, it also quite effective and a bit more heavy duty.

Chris

I use SHEATH OIL I have some weapons that have been in storage for more than 30 years with this oil and it has not been necessary to re-due them. I just checked them a few days ago first time I had looked at them in 15 years.
These are some very rare collector items.

i have a bare engine block setting on the garage floor that i sprayed lps3 on 2 years ago and it shows no rust even on the cyl bores, and ohio has wet and high humidity, so iam going to use it on my stored guns

Any kind of oil would protect the guns in the storage situation you described. I would advise to NOT store them in the cases if that is possible.

I have used everything under the sun on guns (gun and non-gun products) and they all work quite well.

I have settled on Breakfree CLP. It is the most tested and proven gun oil by a country mile and it has never let me down. It is very easy to find and a very good rust protectant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back