Favorite hot sauce???

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's everyone's favorite hot sauce??

I like good old Louisiana Hot Sauce and Tabasco Green. Texas Pete,Frank's, and Trappey's are very good as well.

Dave's Ultimate Insanity is the hottest I've ever had. I can't imagine trying anything hotter! I know hotter stuff is out there, but it must be some bad stuff if it's worse than Dave's!!!!

I used to love "Iguana" brand (it's still searchable I think)...can't get it anymore downunder.

For everyday sauce I like Tabasco Chipotle.

For a little more heat I like Marie Sharps.

Trappey's and reg Tabasco are ok just for more plain stuff. You are the first person I've met that likes Tabasco green.

For Asian I like chili paste and chili oil.

When I want to add flavor to Mexican dishes, I like Tapatio; for heat I like the El Yucateco "Original Mayan Recipe", which is hard to find around here.

Frank's RedHot Xtra Hot is my favorite "everyday" hot sauce. I also keep a bottle of regular Tabasco and Dave's Insanity around for when I'm craving something even hotter.

I just ate a chicken burger dripping with Frank's Xtra. OK, I like Trappey's a bit better. I would have loved some Tabasco Chipotle on that bad boy, but the bottle in the commisary is always empty (imagine that?!?!) They had a bottle of Mazzeta Habenero, but I've been a little sore done there lately and I didn't want the sweats at work.

I ate a huge sweaty pickled jalapeno pepper with my sandwich so I am doing OK.

I'm with Pablo. Tabasco Chipotle, and one I can't get anymore Jardines Blazing Saddles from the U.S. Lighams of Malaysia Sriracha, Chilli Ginger and a few others are worth huntinh in Asian delli's. Tropicana Singapore Chilli Crab Sauce is a beauty. Great for a prawn (shrimp) dipping sauce with real fire

I've had a bottle of "Dave's Insanity" in my fridge now for a few years, and while it's too hot [for me] to use on regular stuff, I find that it's great for cooking. Made a big pot of soup last night, and put about 1/16th tsp. of it in there, gave it a nice slow burn without making the whole thing taste like hot sauce or chilies.

Pizza/eggs/etc I use Cholula.

For a lot of sauces I use "Crazy Jerry's Brain Damage". It's marketed just like the thousand other gimmicky hot sauces, but in reality, it is truly tasty. It's made with mandarin oranges, honey, mango, habanero, chipotle, and vinegar/sugar/salt/garlic, etc. Great stuff, and not too hot.

Yeah Marie Sharps is a tasty one amongst all the stupid marketing stuff ones. I suspect there are some good one hidden in the sea of a millions sauces. I avoid the ones that allude to rectal burn and/or death.

I'll seek out the sauces sprintman mentions.

quote:

I avoid the ones that allude to rectal burn and/or death

Words to live by.
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back