Favorite Fried Chicken Restaurant

This is a little sad but one of the things I look forward to when I go to Florida is Publix fried chicken .

I used to be a huge fan of Chik Fil A but they made some statements a while back that turned me off . Now I eat the Popeyes sandwich and I really like it .

Off subject but if you like to cook and you like a fried chicken sandwich, check out Smokin and Grillin with AB on Youtube . We make his copycat popeye sandwich and its awesome .

Bojangles and Guthrie's, that's about it for fried. I like Krystal Chix sandwiches when they cook them all the way. We had a great place called "Seafood Chicken Box," but it shut down for good this year. I eat a lot more grilled chicken than fried, usually from a taco truck.

I like Popeyes well enough, but they are always out of sides. They used to have a chicken po boy that I really liked, but no longer offer that.

If we are talking about national chains, then Popeye's.

But there are some local outfits here, including some Korean restaurants and soul food places that make even better fried chicken.
I have yet to have the Korean KFC - there’s a few places near me. Von’s(no, not the SoCal supermarket that’s related to Safeway in NorCal/Nevada) has locations in Sunnyvale, Oakland and concord. Shoot, I might just get some this week.

I’ve used this recipe with great success - even my mom thinks it’s better than KFC.

For sandwiches....Zaxbys and Chick-fil-a.

But for basic fried chicken....hard to beat KFC
Basic fried chicken... it's easy to beat KFC... it's called Popeye's.

And.. for those Filipinos, Jollibee fried chicken is better than KFC. I like their spicy fried chicken more than Popeye's Spicy Fried Chicken

Last edited:
We used to have Church's in Syracuse and Rochester, but they're long gone. The last time I had it was visiting my son at Fort Benning.
I really like the chicken, but livers, gizzards and okra made it different.

We used to have Church's in Syracuse and Rochester, but they're long gone. The last time I had it was visiting my son at Fort Benning.
I really like the chicken, but livers, gizzards and okra made it different.
Church's is okay... but... their saving grace is their honey biscuits

You can get it grilled or fried here , good stuff (y)
1603901824781.png

1603901904591.png

As much as I love chick-fil-a, if the piece of chicken you’re eating doesn’t have a bone in it.....it ain’t fried chicken!

Had a Popeyes chicken sandwich yesterday.
My third time buying one. First two were awesome. This time not so much.
Odd shaped fillet with a huge glop of breading that soaked up half the grease in the fryer.
Disappointing. Happy day Beagle.

Back