Favorite Football Foods(FFF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOW that Football Season is underway, I'd like to ask folks, "what is your favorite football foods?" Whether you are at the games(tailgating) or home/home of others having parties.
What are the foods that you prepare or plate to pass?

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?

I only do something special for the Super Bowl. I'm lucky if I'm at home or awake for a normal Sunday game.

For the Super Bowl we've started a bit of a tradition a couple years ago of chili dogs. It has to have my own homemade chili.

Starts with a 8" sub roll, sour cream and cheese on the bottom, then I generally add at least 1.5 hot dogs, chili covering it all, then top with cheese. It's a project eating it, but it certainly is delicious.

Speaking of which, it's about time to make the annual batch of chili. One batch nearly fills a 16 qt. I'd ball park it at 12-14qts.

Wings, celery, carrots, home made ranch dressing and home made potato chips.....Go Panthers!!!

We always offer a )))HOT((( homemade soup for those (((COLD))) Sunday afternoons. Usually something with lots of beans in it(wouldn't be right w/o beans). Italian Wedding Soup w/spinach, little meatballs and pieces of chicken along with kidney beans/chickpeas and Rosa Marie(noodles). Or Lentil Soup w/ham and spinach!
laugh.gif

And a Cold Cut Tray w/ fresh rolls/bread! Hot mustard & horseradish
smile.gif

Last edited:
This is my favorite:

Buy a Family Pack of chicken wings and rinse them all really well.

Put them in a big mixing bowl, and put garlic powder, a sprinkle of sea salt, and pour sriracha sauce all over them.

Mix them all around really well but let them marinade in the fridge for a few hours.

Smoke with mesquite chips on a propane bbq like this:

Put a handful of chips in aluminum foil and roll into a big cigar, and poke quarter inch holes in it.

Put it under the grill at the back where the BBQ is hottest on your particular grill (every grill has different hot spots).

Preheat the bbq full blast, and clean off with a wire brush.

Put all the chicken wings on the top grill, and close the lid. Leave bbq on full blast to really get major smoke happening.

When the wings are high up on the top grill they won't burn easily.

Turn down the heat to the lowest setting, and when the grill cools off, transfer all the wings to the lower grill.

Cook them like this for 30-40 minutes, flipping and watching them often.

Not everyone's bbq can go down to a low enough heat to do wings, they just burn.

Clipping off the wing tips helps a lot if your BBQ is a bit on the hot side on the lowest setting.

The sriracha makes a nice colour and gives the wings a nice sweet taste, not really that hot.

Serve with beer and have a bottle of favorite hot sauce for people who want hotter wings. I like Franks, but it is pricey.

Valentina is a nice go to sauce to dump on stuff.

http://www.hotsauce.com/Valentina-Hot-Sauce-p/1115.htm

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
I'm not a big football fan (sacrilege, right?) but I have a huge weakness for good buffalo wings, so that would be my choice.

+1 Married a girl from Buffalo. They're team is terrible but they know good tailgate food. Pizza and wings all the way.

Buffalo Wings are the best! Yes it's the Buffalo Sauce too but, they originated in Buffalo, NY, hence their name!

Originally Posted By: NYEngineer
Wings here too... The hotter the better.

Yeah, when I was a kid, I was able to take the wings really )))HOT(((...Sweat behind the ears HOT!

Now, it's my stomach that just can't deal with that kind'a HEAT!
frown.gif

Wings are a favorite as well. Always grilled with pecan wood for flavor. I separate at the joints. Toss the tips. Brine with sugar & salt. Pat dry. Apply spicy home-made dry rub. Get a good crust on both sides, then drop the fire box and let them smoke till done.

Serve with lots of cold beer, celery, carrots, home-made hot sauce (with butter), and HM blue cheese dressing (necessary to put the fire out...).

OR

I smoke brauts and make a big skillet of grilled onions.
10.gif

Grilled TriTip, Carne Asada and chicken breasts. Homemade chili beans with garlic bread and either potato/macaroni salad, can't forget the Salsa and Bud Light or Coors Light depending on who comes over
thumbsup2.gif

nachos, pizza, brats, chili dogs, burgers, chicken tenders, wings, enchiladas/tacos, chips/dips, slow cooker ribs/pulled BBQ meats. Can't go wrong with any of ^^^. It is a day to vegetate. College and Pro. GO NOLES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back