Favorite cheap wine thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got to try that Yellow Tail chardonnay - pretty good stuff.

Thanks for all the recommendations. I'll be giving them a try when I get a chance.

How about some bum wine? Maybe some Night Train, Thunderbird, or Mogen.

BTW if anyone knows where to get Night Train, please PM me. No, really. I need some for a gag gift.

Sprintman - you are an idiot. Did you even read what I wrote???? What a dufus. I'm glad all Aussies aren't as unobservant, ignorant, stupid and backwards as you.

"wrong as usual" - that's pretty funny, jerk. Read my words and think.

Mwahaha. Now there's a challenge.
tongue.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Sprintman - you are an idiot. Did you even read what I wrote???? What a dufus. I'm glad all Aussies aren't as unobservant, ignorant, stupid and backwards as you.

"wrong as usual" - that's pretty funny, jerk. Read my words and think.

He's just been in a contrary mood lately.
wink.gif
(maybe a few grains of sand in the cloaca?)
shocked.gif

I can't remember the brand, but I had a good Shiraz from Oz a while back...while stuffing my face at The Cheesecake Factory in Bellevue.

Anybody like Mead ("wine" made from fermented honey)? They make some good stuff on Lindisfarne, off the NE coast of England.
Good stuff, but be careful for the next morning....

Pablo I know who the jerk is and it sure aint me. You tried to say screw top wines are not good quality. Typical seppo. Still stuck away in the backwoods of Washington what hope do you have, bugger all really. Your just sad you live in a ****hole and I live in ***'s country. Oh and I'm having a $70 Riesling tonight later with a screw cap of course. Na zdorovye

See - sprintman you've just laid out the proof for all to read that you are and remain a dolt. I think your worst fault, and totally lacking in your personality type is the ability to actually admit you are occasionally wrong. You seem to portray yourself as self actualizing, when in reality you are a very small, self centered man. And then with the country comparison stuff. Insecure or something? I don't know.

Bless you sprintman - I don't want to yell any more insults. Just go back and read my post, slow down and think about it. It's a bit under the surface, but what I wrote can be understood. I did not say ALL screw top wines are bad. Yes, the very cheapest of the worst happen to be screw top and yes there are very poor wines with corks - and ah ha - cork (wine) snobs have a "false snobbery" about the cork......

And mori quoting Matthew. Wow.

And it's Do Svidanya. Even us backwoods folks know that.

Hi Pablo. Thanks for the link to Bully Hill I was wondering if they have a Web site. I see the Space Shuttle Red is listed near the bottom of their Red Wines list, although they don't show a picture of the label there. I just prefixed NY to the name as it's a New York wine.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back