Faulkin pro g5 touring A/S or Uniroyal tiger paw AWP II?

My minivan needs new tires and I have narrowed it down to these two. It's been funny reading reviews, they either say these tires are great and some say they are bad. I have had bad luck with Good years and Firestones and tire shops not standing behind them. Kumhos on it now had vibration issues.
But at least lasted a long time without falling apart. I will use Discount tire as a new tire shop. Thoughts?

The Uniroyal is the third tier tire line from Michelin.
The Falken appears to be a tire made exclusively for Discount Tire.
Coin Toss?

I have a set of the Uniroyal Tiger Paw AWP II's. I bought them because I didn't have a whole lot of choice with what was available in the size that I needed (a 14" tire with a whitewall, for a car from the 1980's). I only drive this car a few thousand miles a year as a weekend cruiser.

They're nothing impressive. Since I needed a whitewall tire, I only had 3 tires to choose from, and all 3 were varying degrees of "meh". The AWP had the least amount of "meh". It also wasn't an overseas tire.

Oddly enough, I just looked at the Uniroyal website, and the AWP II doesn't even appear there anymore. Makes me wonder if it as it been discontinued?

I have Falken on two vehicles and they are great. My Ram 1500 has over 30k on its tires. Still look new. My wife's Mazda 5 has 15k on it and they still look new also. Can't even tell if the road is wet in the rain. My 2 wheel drive Ram has not gotten stuck anywhere with them. Would get stuck on wet grass with the Cooper's that it had before.

It also wasn't an overseas tire.

Oddly enough, I just looked at the Uniroyal website, and the AWP II doesn't even appear there anymore. Makes me wonder if it as it been discontinued?
Nowadays Uniroyal is made in China, so maybe tires which were made in the US were discontinued.

I was considering Uniroyal recently but it was only $25 more per tire for Michelin, so Uniroyal seems overpriced to me.

Back