Fast Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's everybody's fast food preference of choice? For me it's anything except Checker's or Burger King.

Sushi

Protein Bars

Nuts and fruits and carrots

Water or carrot juice

How long can these take?

Any of that other CRAP they call FAST food is CRAP. I mean really crap. MacDicks, booger king, fairy queen, jack in the crack, pizza $lut, haco time, taco heck, all PURE POISON!!!!!!!!!!

My clogged arteries cry out for a Wendy's double cheeseburger.

I forego the fries nowadays. And the "milk"shakes.

Gimme' that dead cooked cow with a slab of clot-inducing cheese melted atop it.

Who wants to live to be old, anyway. Won't have any money and the bosy already aches at 49.

Old age sucketh mightily.

Groan...

belch.

'Fast Food' lunch today was Fruitopia apple/mango/pine/orange juice to wash down steamed pork bun, and chilli salt squid. Soon McDonalds promise they will be doing their fantastic Tuna tomato/salad wholemeal sandwiches which they took off the menu over winter. Best quality (John West Tuna etc) at a cheaper price than your average takeaway.

Yes Pablo, I too confess to being a diehard health nut, but when the evil side of me calls...it's Burger King and Taco Bell that answer!

Fast food is the devil incarnate, but it tastes so darned good! I'm trying to lose weight, but I've got like 50 gazillion fast food places in the SAME BLOODY BUILDING that I work in. That does NOT help things. Oh well, it's my own fault anyway. Nobody's forcing me to eat the stuff. I really should be more disciplined about bringing and actually eating my own lunches.

sushi? We have fire to cook food.....

locally available fast food of choice: Schlotzsky's Deli Sandwiches,
Wings-n-More (Original Hot),
Whataburger.

quote:

Soon McDonalds promise they will be doing their fantastic Tuna tomato/salad wholemeal sandwiches which they took off the menu over winter. Best quality (John West Tuna etc) at a cheaper price than your average takeaway.

errr, I'll pass on that one, Sprintman.
Haven't been impressed with their 'Deli choices' menu.
When I'm out on the road or on site I'll usually take rice cakes and some tins of Green Seas tuna/sundried tomato.
If we're on a trip, we'll dive into Macca's and grab a salad, but I'd rather go to a real café and have some real tucker for not much more.
wink.gif

I'm with Pablo, and even consider nori rolls and rice paper wraps, etc crap, (we only eat bio-dynamic or organic brown rice and other whole grains at home) but it's better for you crap than KFC and if we are somewhere where we can get it, I'll grab it.
smile.gif

It does make it easier when I live way out in the sticks, where there are no Macca's, KFC, et al.
Couldn't believe it when a Subway opened up in Scone, 50km away. I've tried it twice, blaaa.
Eagle Boys (pizza) are now in town as well. Still no Macca's or KFC, etc. There are two good Café's in Scone, and two here in Murrurundi, so I'd rather eat there.

A friend has opened a whole foods store here, and she has little snack things like roasted chick peas, etc, that I have instead of potato chips.

OK, once every couple of months I'll get some good ol battered fish and chips from the take-away.
smile.gif

When your better half is Laos' it doesn't matter where you eat, both might eventually kill you. What she doesn't fry, she spices. The best places i've been was what-a-burger and jack in the box, unfornately that was in texas and there's none in kansas. Buger king and wendys are decent but they get old, same with the rest. Cici's tops my pizza buffet list, can't eat pizza huts. Alot of excellent asian places around though, hard to find a bad one, helps when you know the people.

I don't mind their tandoori chicken...prolly the best thing on their menu (now that they don't have curry sauce anymore).

I'm a McDonalds person, cheap and good, I love double cheeseburgers. Either that or the footlong meatball sub that a specific subway location has for $2.79. Soft shell tacos at Taco Bell. I really don't eat much for fast food though, cheaper to eat at home if I am able to.

For me, my choice is KFC Twister (lettuce tomato wrap with a fried chicken strip).

Not too greasy, some vegetable, and fried chicken. No guilt and fried chicken belong in the same sentence afterall.

quote:

Originally posted by Eric Smith:
The best places i've been was what-a-burger and jack in the box, unfornately that was in texas and there's none in kansas. Buger king and wendys are decent but they get old, same with the rest. Cici's tops my pizza buffet list,

Does Wendy's have freschetta sandwiches in your area? They can pass for actual food.

One of those with a side salad or chili(1) instead of deep greased fries makes a decent meal that won't do too mach damage to you.

(1) I'm reluctant to call what Wendys serves as "chili" chili, but it's not a bad way to have some beans with a bit of flavor. Better if you add onion and cheese.

Yeah I forgot slubway and slugshop suck, too.

Quizno's Italians used to be an OK sandwich (haven't had one for a few year) but they started cheaping on the meat. Bhah...

Don't get me wrong - I will eat a fried oyster po' boy or Philly cheese steak....so it's not like I'm 100% anti sandwich!

"....so it's not like I'm 100% anti sandwich! "

whew....

come to Texas and get a real hamburger with real meat: a triple meat, triple cheese Whataburger all the way with jalapenos and bacon just to make sure. With a large Dr Pepper to wash it down.

I won't hold it against you if you skip the fires, even I do that usually.

we have the world's largest heart hsopital center here, too....

I enjoy a good hamburger! I went to a place called Fatburger in Redmond last weekend. They asked me if I wanted an egg on it. I took that as a good sign, yet declined.

The hamburger sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back