Fast Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
Mmm, poached wild turkey with lingonberries on a bed of saffron rice.
128.gif

Lingonberries. My favorite...eaten with swedish meatballs, gravy and potatoes(not to mention lingonberry juice)...IKEA(!).
grin.gif

vwoom, was I ever diappointed when I found out that cranberries were a poor subsitute for lingonberries. Or maybe it's just that I grew up eating lingonberries all the time.

I'm not sure what to say about you eating at IKEA. Uhm, how was it? Did you have to assemble your lunch yourself? Did it come with instructions?
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by HEV:

quote:

Originally posted by kenw:
how does one BBQ a burger, patman?

I'm pretty sure he meant "grill." A common and inocent mistake from those who haven't smoked a pork butt for 10 hours in their pit...

My assumption as well....

I had to chide a friend who talked about his "steak fry" party once. Why on earth anyone would fry a perfectly good sirloin steak was beyond me, however his clarification that to him "fry" meant "grill" un-ruffled my dander a bit....

local terminology can be mightly cornfusin' to the non-locals.....

quote:

Originally posted by HEV:

quote:

how does one BBQ a burger, patman?

I'm pretty sure he meant "grill." A common and inocent mistake from those who haven't smoked a pork butt for 10 hours in their pit...

In the US the term is commonly used to mean cooking on a grill outdoors in states where they don't have one particular form of BBQ as a religion.

One of the advantages of living in a state where we don't have a state BBQ cult is that we get to admit in public that all religions of BBQ are danm good when done right.

Barbecue; barbeque - n. 1. Commonly referred to as a grill, a barbecue is generally a brazier fitted with a grill and sometimes a spit. The brazier can range anywhere from a simple firebowl, which uses hot coals as heat, to an elaborate electric barbecue. 2. Food (usually meat) that has been cooked using a barbecue method. 3. A term used in the United States for an informal style of outdoor entertaining where barbecued food is served. barbecue v. A method of cooking by which meat, poultry or fish (either whole or in pieces) or other food is covered and slowly cooked in a pit or on a spit, using hot coals or hardwood as a heat source.

BBQ is done by indirect heat, grilling is direct heat. A small but significant distinction.

but yes, actaully a hamburger can be BBQ'd but rarely is, takes too long.

quote:

BBQ is done by indirect heat, grilling is direct heat. A small but significant distinction.

but yes, actaully a hamburger can be BBQ'd but rarely is, takes too long.

You live in an are where BBQ is a religion (and a good one), in the rest of the country the definition isn't so specific.

granted, but...

I am bound to preach the gospel to all the world so that all may be saved!

You wear the badge of the saved, having been baptised by immersion in smoke and smoke alone. would you care to join our small band of advocates? The fields are white with harvest!

Oh, the despair to be lost and not even know it.....(heavy sigh of resignation)

wink.gif

dang, I'm getting hungry...

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
vwoom, was I ever diappointed when I found out that cranberries were a poor subsitute for lingonberries. Or maybe it's just that I grew up eating lingonberries all the time.

I'm not sure what to say about you eating at IKEA. Uhm, how was it? Did you have to assemble your lunch yourself? Did it come with instructions?
wink.gif

lol.gif

Haven't you been to one(there are 4 nearby ours)?
rolleyes.gif
..Not only they offer your typical household furnishings and all(Though I'm no fan of them diy furns..) but they also happen to sell good Swedish eats at good prices..at least in our branches.

Last time I checked, this is a fast food thread..isn't it?
wink.gif

[ October 20, 2005, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: vwoom ]

quote:

Originally posted by Joe1:
I've turned into a health food person recent years.(lost a TON of weight in the process)
But on the rare occasions I visit the dark side, nothing beats a deep fried hot dog from Rutts Hutt
http://www.hollyeats.com/RuttHut.htm
or a hamburger from white Manna
http://www.hollyeats.com/WhiteManna.htm
Yummie! I tend to avoid the chain/franchise restaurants

Yahoo!!! my old stompin' ground!

The funny thing is that my grandparents used to go on dates to Rutts Hut in the 1940s!

JMH

Originally Posted By: Korean_redneck
If its fast fast food, its gotta be Wendy's Burgers.. i rarely eat fast food though.

Wendy's is only place I go for a quick lunch [chicken sandwich] when I am on the road.

I like Dunkin Donuts for breakfast...They egg sandwiches are real good along with their great coffee.

Shoney's breakfast buffet usually isn't bad but Shoney's on I-95 isn't as good as it once was.

I like Wendy's. Can't eat McDonalds as it will trigger a migraine and has done so twice within 12 hours of eating it.

When in the US I like White-Castle.

Also Taco-Bell I like once/while... Not too often.
grin2.gif

Hey Pablo, I'm saddened to hear you don't like Fatburger. It's now my favorite burger place.

We just got FiveGuys burgers. Awesome fries, horrible burgers IMO.

Last edited:
I have a soft spot (about where my belly button is) for Del Taco and Good Times...though in our area there is a new kid on the block called Smash Burger and they are closing ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back