Farm Truck - Recommend Oil

I have a 1998 Dodge Dakota with the 318. About 90,000 miles. We use it as a farm truck I guess. Doesn’t get driven but maybe a few times a month and doesn’t leave the house much. You could imagine how many miles we put on it. Not many at all. What oil is recommended for something like that?

If I lived in 'Bama, had a vintage V-8 and lived on a farm, I'd get some dual rated 10W-30 (gas and diesel ratings) and a cheapy filter from Wally Mart. Change it every year or so and enjoy the freedom. I'd also put a good sounding exhaust on it to let people know that this Dakota has a V-8 and not some wimpy 4 cylinder. :)

I have a 1998 Dodge Dakota with the 318. About 90,000 miles. We use it as a farm truck I guess. Doesn’t get driven but maybe a few times a month and doesn’t leave the house much. You could imagine how many miles we put on it. Not many at all. What oil is recommended for something like that?
I would imagine the manual might suggest 10w-30.

If you're on a farm and have farm implements, just pour whatever flavor of Rotella you have in the shed in it and change it yearly. :p

Back